User Name: Bully_rus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,481
[0.28% of all post / 1.28 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: I never make exceptions. An exception disproves the rule.
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 4:25:10 AM
When exceptions reach certain point they become the rule...
Topic: It's all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically, but it's not so nice when you...
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:23:48 PM
Daemon wrote:
It's all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically, but it's not so nice when you really come to have them, is it?

Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874-1942)

It's all even more so when you are writing about it...
Topic: He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it—namely, that in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing,...
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 9:58:03 AM
He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it—namely, that in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain - and/or easy to lose it...
Topic: We are not rich in the bank, but we have always prospered, and we have quite enough. I never walk out with my husband but I...
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 1:52:35 PM
Daemon wrote:
We are not rich in the bank, but we have always prospered, and we have quite enough. I never walk out with my husband but I hear the people bless him ... I never lie down at night but I know that in the course of that day he has alleviated pain and soothed some fellow-creature in the time of need ... Is not this to be rich?

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Yeah. We are all rich though the mostly don't know how and why...
Topic: Of course there must be lots of Magic in the world ... but people don't know what it is like or how to make it. Perhaps the...
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 1:50:03 PM
Of course there must be lots of Magic in the world - because without it it's too dull...
Topic: For he that does good, having the unlimited power to do evil, deserves praise not only for the good which he performs, but...
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 1:25:44 PM
Daemon wrote:
For he that does good, having the unlimited power to do evil, deserves praise not only for the good which he performs, but for the evil which he forbears.

Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832)

The unlimited power to do evil has its own power which is difficult to control...
Topic: Oppression of the unfortunate makes one weak.
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:21:05 PM
Daemon wrote:
Oppression of the unfortunate makes one weak.

Booker T. Washington (1856-1915)

Yeah. Moreover oppression of the unfortunate doesn't make one fortunate...
Topic: All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"—a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:05:36 PM
Daemon wrote:
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"—a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Yeah. Perfect! Present Perfect?
Topic: Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent.
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:02:33 AM
Yeah. The forces are too unequal... We are doomed, all of us.
Topic: Felicity, the companion of content, is rather found in our own breasts than in the enjoyment of external things; And I firmly...
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 2:38:09 PM
Daemon wrote:
Felicity, the companion of content, is rather found in our own breasts than in the enjoyment of external things; And I firmly believe it requires but a little philosophy to make a man happy in whatsoever state he is. This consists in a full resignation to the will of Providence.

John Filson (1747-1788)

Who needs a one-off happiness when there's a whole buffet of enjoyment out there?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.