User Name: Bully_rus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,734
[0.29% of all post / 1.25 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Wine is a turncoat; first a friend and then an enemy.
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:14:04 AM
Daemon wrote:
Wine is a turncoat; first a friend and then an enemy.

Henry Fielding (1707-1754)

Yeah. Even water can be turned into a turncoat if you can’t put a cap on it... Cheers, guys!
Topic: For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 2:23:51 AM
Yeah. All for one and one for all! - especially for the wolves and the sheeps... Who are poised to win this extremely entertaining and engrossing match-up?
Topic: A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 1:05:03 AM
Yeah. Though I think that verbs are more descriptive in this sense, especially for men...
Topic: Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:18:31 AM
Daemon wrote:
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Yeah. The changes come anyway. It is just a matter of how they will come: through the door or through the broken door. Be patient, my dear! I am coming, coming...
Topic: I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:03:14 AM
Daemon wrote:
I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.

E. M. Forster (1879-1970)

Yeah. If this doesn’t pass, let’s try something more advanced like – a matriarchy, for example. Are we ready for such future? Are they?
Topic: Only as we live, think, feel, and work outside the home, do we become humanly developed, civilized, socialized.
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 12:00:21 PM
Daemon wrote:
Only as we live, think, feel, and work outside the home, do we become humanly developed, civilized, socialized.

Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1860-1935)

Yeah. We must live, think, feel and work outside the box - whatever this box may be called...
Topic: Even to observe neutrality you must have a strong government.
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 5:00:13 AM
Daemon wrote:
Even to observe neutrality you must have a strong government.

Alexander Hamilton (1755-1804)

Yeah. And when you have “a strong government”, who needs this meager neutrality... No one, never.
Topic: When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they...
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 7:16:02 AM
Daemon wrote:
When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they were.

Yeah. They didn’t believe in what they are selling/saying? How charming! Actually, it happens all the time, especially among modern politicians, though few have courage to admit it publicly...
Topic: The principal thing in this world is to keep one's soul aloft.
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2019 8:46:00 AM
Daemon wrote:
The principal thing in this world is to keep one's soul aloft.

Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880)

Yeah. As of comprising of some light substance, it’s fitting for souls to live in attics and garrets... Welcome, my dear.
Topic: Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man...No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:05:46 AM
Daemon wrote:
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man...No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.

Yeah. Our problems are man-made, and therefore they rapidly multiply as the number of population which is inhabiting the planet Earth...

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.