User Name: Bully_rus
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,919
[0.31% of all post / 1.23 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Hope is a leaf-joy, which may be beaten out to a great extension, like gold.
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2019 12:59:01 AM
Yeah. Let’s hope it’s true, especially when it’s our lovely Monday morning...
Topic: There was an immeasurable distance between the quick and the dead: they did not seem to belong to the same species; and it...
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2019 1:38:52 AM
Daemon wrote:
There was an immeasurable distance between the quick and the dead: they did not seem to belong to the same species; and it was strange to think that but a little while before they had spoken and moved and eaten and laughed.

W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)

Yeah. We are leap in and some time later - leap out. And it’s exactly this immeasurable distance, what makes death/afterdeath so frightening...
Topic: If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 2:28:38 AM
Daemon wrote:
If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Yeah. Then what/who makes the great lawyer? Where can you find such perfect villain?
Topic: To be in the weakest camp is to be in the strongest school.
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2019 12:37:11 AM
Yeah, of course. But only if you want to learn to play defence...
Topic: We pay a price for everything we get or take in this world; and although ambitions are well worth having, they are not to be...
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:14:43 AM
Yeah. Ambitions can have different sizes, shapes, colors and flavors - but for sure they ain’t lazy... They exact their precious services with utmost dedication.
Topic: I never could have done what I have done, without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination...
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:25:25 AM
Daemon wrote:
I never could have done what I have done, without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one object at a time.

Yeah. Habits make or break - me, you, us. And to some extent they are kinda substitute for happiness. It's not much, but just enough to keep going.
Topic: I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below...
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:13:53 AM
Daemon wrote:
I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Yeah. Probably the brute force can’t stand us just as well - for we are so weak. It must be so unbearable....
Topic: The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing was there a why and a wherefore.
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2019 12:45:45 AM
Yeah. Be smart and clever. Just don’t overdo it. As a result, it's so unjust...
Topic: The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
Posted: Sunday, September 8, 2019 4:19:47 AM
Daemon wrote:
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.

Gilbert Chesterton (1874-1936)

Nah. Love is a difficult matter to handle. There isn’t (and can’t be) one way to master it. And even if something works once or twice - it means nothing...
Topic: There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:29:18 AM
Daemon wrote:
There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.

Yeah. The cultural layer of human civilization is in a constant need of some manure… All hands on deck - or what they call it.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.