User Name: irod
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Have one's cake and eat it too... ¿en Español?
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:13:17 PM
"querer pan y pedazo" suena muy bien en este caso, describe a quien quiere hacerlas o tenerlas todas, alguien que siempre busca ganar o ganar
por cierto, siempre es bueno algo de contexto!

"dar la mano y que te tomen el codo" es diferente y describe una situación en que alguien exceda la confianza que se le da

Saludos!
Topic: spanish-english translation
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:43:07 AM
and the density, providing anything but brief breaths... (it means that everything described was happenig amid the density of the landscape)

a piece of advice, don't get cought up on farfetched spanish words (or any language), there is a lot of old fashion use of words in poetry (they add beauty to writing)
personally I've only heard the word "raleada" a couple of times in my life, and this was the second!
I don't bother even to translate it

since poetry is interpretative, once you get the literal meaning feel free to come up with your own interpretation (and treasure it)

it may refers to the landscape astonishing scenic beauty that has rendered you speechless (breatheless) for instance

saludos! Applause
Topic: Writing as a therapy.
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:12:55 PM
try wattpad!!!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.