The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Profile: capitán
About
User Name: capitán
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests: Literature, Philology, Philosophy, History, Languages, Tolkien, Travelling, Parkour, JKD, etc
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 448
[0.05% of all post / 0.23 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The founders of a new colony, whatever Utopia of human virtue and happiness they might originally project, have invariably...
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 1:36:12 PM
Well, I don't know about you, but I know that the idea of getting some people in either of those places makes me happy.
Happiness on this earth or the second best thing must have an earthly price if you ask me.

A bad person or not, I'm utterly frank.
Topic: A very few—as heroes, patriots, martyrs, reformers in the great sense, and men—serve the state with their consciences also,...
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:50:06 PM
Of course. People whose existence helps humankind will always be targeted by the people in the power places.
Topic: A very few—as heroes, patriots, martyrs, reformers in the great sense, and men—serve the state with their consciences also,...
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:50:04 PM
Of course. People whose existence helps humankind will always be targeted by the people in the power places.
Topic: It is not the office of a man to receive gifts ... We wish to be self-sustained. We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand...
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:01:22 AM
The badassest quote from Emerson ever...
Topic: It is not the office of a man to receive gifts ... We wish to be self-sustained. We do not quite forgive a giver. The hand...
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:01:18 AM
The badassest quote from Emerson ever...
Topic: It was on one of those mornings, common in early spring, when the year, fickle and changeable in its youth like all other...
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:31:15 AM
Just like that moment between waking up and getting up every morning.
Topic: Xenoglossy
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:29:19 AM
I got to speak English as I do without being in direct contact with natives, really.
But the result of hard work and discipline must never be depreciated or defaced, being put together with superstition.
Topic: But what is Government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature?
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2018 12:53:24 AM
Just like religion.
Topic: I must be myself. I cannot break myself any longer for you, or you. If you can love me for what I am, we shall be the...
Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 1:15:29 PM
_Emerson in a nutshell.
Topic: Constanze Mozart (1762)
Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 1:17:39 AM

She is supposed to be on the far left of this daguerreotype photograph.
Authentic or sham, I have no idea.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.