[0.55% of all post / 2.48 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: My political opinion of the day
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:22:21 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:

their racist policies.

Oh my God!

The R-word again!

I have to be super careful what I say, lest certain individuals go into an emotional meltdown and run weeping to the administrators.

So I will just say this:

Some people would respectfully disagree with you that UKIP's policies are, well, you know.

(Even that one sentence has probably offended certain individuals.)

Change of subject.

The news says that MAYBE (maybe!) President Mugabe of Zimbabwe is finally going to, uh, "retire."

My sources say that for about the first ten years of his 37 years in power, he was a pretty good guy. Really devoted to serving the people. Then came repression and economic ruin.

I had better stop, lest certain individuals start seeing the R-word in those two sentences, too!

Have a nice day!

Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:35:30 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:

I haven't met anyone like that here in Britain.

Well - I guess there are some.

Since you are one of the more reasonable liberals in these forums, you know:

1. It is not politic in your country to admit liking the President.

2. I believe that there's a party called the United Kingdom Independence Party, whose former leader admires President Trump. I remember reading the party did fairly well in northern England, but it failed to gain any seats in the House of Commons because of the electoral system in your country.

Have a nice day!
Topic: I am NOT a bastard
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:27:58 AM
tunaafi wrote:
TheParser wrote:
I urge every member, guest, and administrator to read his post.

Here's a linK to the thread.
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:19:19 AM
No. 35

WELCOME HOME, MR. PRESIDENT

1. I join millions of other Americans in welcoming you home from your Asia trip.

2. First, I wish you and your family Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

3. Next, I hope that in 2018, you can do more to become friends with some of the more reasonable and moderate Democrats in the Senate.

a. Most commentators say that President Obama failed to get needed Congressional support because he was too aloof.

b. You, of course, are a very gregarious person. I am sure that you can make more Democratic friends than people imagine.

4. Millions of us want to thank you for your efforts this year.

a. In face of unreasonable opposition and pure hatred on the part of many opponents, you have been trying to do your best for us Americans.

b. I know that you will continue your efforts in 2018.

c. I do think, Sir, that it would help if you could temper your criticism of your opponents. Sometimes it is more effective to ignore them so that they do not get the publicity that they crave.

5. Personally, I look forward to some other foreign visits -- especially a state visit to the United Kingdom, where -- I hear -- there are many people who admire you and support some of your policies.

Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:02:48 AM
Dear Friends:

Thank you for your telephone calls and your messages (via those other websites of which we are members).

1. YES

That poster went too far in desecrating the loving memory of my parents. I never thought that even he would go that far. He can never, ever be forgiven.

2. YES

His use of that word shows that he is prejudiced against children whose parents may not be married. That makes him a bigot.

3. YES

I have been waiting for him to reveal his true nature. He obliged me with that vulgar and hysterical post. I am especially eager for newer members and guests to read it so that they will have an idea of that poster's personality and character.

4. YES

The clique that dominates the "Politics" forum is becoming unhinged (witness his post) because they have failed (so far) to get an administrator to obey their orders to purge me.

5. YES

I have no doubt that an impartial group of moderators would agree that I have never made a "racist" remark.

My enemies here like to point out that I have stated (and repeat here) that I would be terrified to enter an elevator alone with teenaged or twentysomething males of a certain ethnicity, for it is a fact (that my enemies try to deny) that the ethnicity in question commits a percentage of violent crime way out of proportion to their percentage of the American population. I owe it to myself to take precautions to protect myself, even if I violate some politically correct mantra. Even people of that ethnicity express fear dealing with a sizeable proportion of their youth.

My enemies classify my elevator fears as "racist." That is, of course, their right. I do NOT consider it to be racist. And that is my right.

A moderator (or better a group of moderators) could decide if my comment falls under the heading of either "freedom of speech" or "hate speech."

What really is annoying is that I know (KNOW!!!) that many of my enemies would never allow their loved ones to enter that hypothetical elevator, yet in this forum, they crucify me for honestly confessing my fear.

6. YES

A self-righteous and hypocritical clique has made me their target because I say things that they cannot logically refute. Thus they scream "racist." They call themselves "liberals," but they are the opposite. Look at the censorship that is growing in the United States. It's OK to criticize Caucasians, but "liberals" go crazy if there is the slightest criticism of other ethnicities.

I consider it a BADGE OF HONOR that the poster and others of his ilk have targeted me.

(To the majority of members and guests) Have a nice day!

Topic: My EXPRESSION of the day
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:35:49 AM
No. 56

Mona: Want to come to the movies with me?

Betty: I can't. I want to log on to that new travel forum.

Mona: You have been spending a lot of time there recently.

Betty: Yes, I love that forum. I have just been posting there for a month, but I think that I have already made a friend for life. Her name is Ruth. I have the feeling that she is going to become my best friend -- after you, of course!

Mona: Of course!

Betty: I don't know the word to explain our friendship. There is a special connection. There is a spark. There is a rapport. She has traveled to 25 countries, and I have also visited most of those 25 countries; she was born in the state of Iowa, and so was I; and her No. 1 goal is to visit Tibet someday. That has been my goal since I was a little girl.

Mona: I would say that there is definite chemistry between you two.

Betty: Yes! Yes! That's the word!
Topic: Virginia/New Jersey elections
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:17:41 AM
tunaafi wrote:
TheParser wrote:
Personally, I have always found the member from [censored) to be civil and reasonable.

And I have found that, generally speaking, the member from [censored] tries to stay on topic and generally has avoided personal abuse.

Which gives members no idea who you are talking about. If you don't want to name names (and I don't see why not - given that you are being complimentary) then just lump them together and say 'some members'. This "[censored]" thing is just silly.

Quote:
Regarding a certain male person and a certain female person from the two other countries, I do not trust myself to comment. (Veteran members and guests will understand.)

This is just infantile.

You do not trust yourself to comment because you lack the balls to attempt to justify to some of the foul comments you have made about your 'enemies' (your term).You never directly name us, because you appear to think this absolves you of responsibility for your remarks. You claim (when it suits you) not to read our posts, which absolves you, in your mind, of any need to justify any of the racist, sexist, chauvinistic, insultingly personal, comments you have made.

In addition to being a bigot (I have provided evidence for this on a number of occasions), and a liar (I have provided evidence for this on a number of occasions), you are a spineless, gutless coward.

Members may have observed that, since my return from a short break, I have used some intemperate words about TheParser. This is deliberate. I am hoping to provoke some reaction from the 'moderators' of this forum. Their (and that of their sponsoring organisation, Farlex) failure to date to deal with some of the inflammatory posts of 'TheBastard' (and, I must admit, some of my responses) suggests to me that Farlex is content to provide a platform for racism, sexism, chauvinism, bigotry and lies.

Are you happy with that, Farlex? To be known as the provider of a platform for bigotry?
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:50:28 AM
1. There is a member who calls himself "Tunaafi."

2. I do not read any posts by this "Tunaafi."

3. This "Tunaafi" has stalked me since he joined these forums.

4. Last night, some friends telephoned me to report that this "Tunaafi" calls me a "bastard" in one of his latest posts.

a. My beloved parents were legally married.

5. My friends tell me that this "Tunaafi" also calls me a "bigot," a "liar," and a "coward."
6. My friends tell me that this "Tunaafi" also begs the administrators to read his post.
7. My friends tell me that this "Tunaafi" also lambasts the administrators for letting me express my opinions.

8. I urge every member, guest, and administrator to read his post.

9. His post is in the thread entitled "Virginia/New Jersey" in the "Politics" forum.

Have a nice day!

Topic: For fans of Joseph Conrad
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:20:20 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
I would say he did have a gift for languages.

I really envy people who have an ear for languages.

I certainly do not.
Topic: My EXPRESSION of the day
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:42:14 AM
No. 55

Manager: I'm sorry, but I have to let you go. Ten other employees say that you are verbally abusive to them.

Employee: Please don't fire me. I went to a psychiatrist yesterday. He gave me some medicine. I will never be verbally abusive again to anyone. I promise.

Manager: OK. I'll give you another chance. But remember: The proof is in the pudding.

Employee: What does that mean, sir?

Manager: I'm going to watch you carefully. If you actually stop verbally abusing other employees, then I will know that your medicine is working.

Employee: Thank you, sir.

Although many people say "The proof is in the pudding," the correct expression is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.