User Name: TheParser
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4,354
[0.52% of all post / 2.42 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Cease-Fire Declared in Iran-Iraq War (1988)
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:34:22 AM
The "experts" tell us that for many years Iraq was a buffer between Iran and the Arab countries.

Then President George W. Bush made the horrific mistake of invading and "conquering" Iraq.

Thus, the buffer disappeared, and now Iran is up to its eyeballs in Iraq and Syria. (Israel has reportedly warned Iran: "Don't mess with us, or you will be VERY sorry.")

Yes, Saddam was a brutal leader, but many people in Iraq yearn for the good old days of stability under him. Life was good -- so long as you kept your mouth shut. You know: Just as life is pretty good in the United States so long as you kowtow to the "liberals."

(Many people wish that the United States would act like Israel. In other words, the United States will not interfere in other countries' internal affairs, but if they threaten American security, watch out. You won't know what hit you!)

Topic: Saudis and Extremism: ‘Both the Arsonists and the Firefighters’
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:04:49 AM
philips daughter wrote:
I don't think you are going to like what's coming.

The Nazis in the 1930s burned books.
The Taliban in Afghanistan tore down statues.
ISIS is destroying statues.
Now American "liberals" are tearing down statues in the United States.

And a certain American search engine is reported to be working with "liberal" groups to shut down all conservative websites. That is, any website must be "racist" if it disagrees with the "(Un)democratic Party." I guess that I had better enjoy reading the "Drudge
Report" and "Breitbart" as long as I can -- until the totalitarian "liberals" destroy all of our freedoms (in the name of "freedom," of course).

You are so right, Philips Daughter. I will NOT like our country becoming like a certain Asian country where thousands of Internet censors work 24/7 deleting words like "democracy" and "independent judiciary."

P.S. No doubt "certain" TFD forum members at this very minute are demanding that administrators purge these forums of "certain" members.

Topic: Saudis and Extremism: ‘Both the Arsonists and the Firefighters’
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:26:54 AM
Yarin wrote:
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump do not agree on much, but Saudi Arabia may be an exception.

Fair-minded Americans no longer have a stomach for criticizing Saudi Arabia or any other country.

They realize that our country is a bitterly divided nation, with one side plotting with the media, academia, and the deep state to overthrow a duly elected president.

Add to that mix racial tension, violent crime, and out-of-control immigration.

The prospects for the United States of America are grim, so fair-minded Americans acknowledge that their country should stop lecturing any other country, be it Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela, North Korea, etc. We have enough problems on our own plate.
Topic: know full well
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:05:53 AM
Every fair-minded American knows full well that the American media are ganging up on our wonderful president in the hope of ousting him.
Topic: Orville Wright (1871)
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:00:22 AM
The Wright Brothers, I assume, had no idea that their success would eventually help facilitate the transmission of diseases to all parts of the world and the current unprecedented world-wide immigration patterns.
Topic: gullible
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2017 8:50:50 AM
Most young people are very gullible. That's why many of them are joining protests against the wonderful leader of my country. As they get older, these misguided youths will be ashamed of themselves for having let themselves be used as puppets by sinister forces.
Topic: A revelation - Remember the Alamo!
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:05:06 AM
Mexico is now peacefully reconquering the land that the United States "stole" (California, Texas, etc.).

They are doing so through immigration, both legal and illegal. (No president, including the current one, can do anything to stop this movement.)

They call it the reconquista.

Mexican people are increasing their political clout in all those southwestern states. They are fast becoming the majority of the population. They will be occupying all important political offices.

Spanish is now the de facto second language in those states. (When you call big companies, you will be asked which language you wish to use on the telephone.)

As one Mexican-American politician once said: "If you don't like the change, leave!"

Topic: know every trick in the book
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 7:43:55 AM
The news media in the United States are using every trick in the book in order to embarrass and harass the President, thus hoping that they can help unseat him.
Topic: My TIDBIT of the day
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:54:51 AM
No. 16

William Taylor in 1797 introduced the word "autobiography."

He may have gotten the idea from the German.

He did not like the word "self-biography" because (he said) "[I]t is not very usual in English to employ hybrid words partly Saxon and partly Greek."

Although he thought that "autobiography" was "pedantic," this is the word that English speakers have adopted.

Source: same as the previous source.
Topic: Why do some people hate the USA?
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:41:12 AM
"Some" people hate the United States of America because they know that they owe so much to Americans.

Just think of what would have happened if the United States had not participated in World Wars I and II!

(Americans did NOT want to get involved in WW I, but the Germans did some foolish things that gave President Wilson an excuse to get the country into the war.)

(Americans did NOT want to get involved in WW II, but a certain Asian country gave President Roosevelt an excuse to get the country into the war.)

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.