Profile: towan52
About
User Name: towan52
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,920
[0.20% of all post / 0.71 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Merry Christmas!!! (from a non-theist)
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:47:39 PM
No one should be offended by anyone wishing them Merry Christmas - it is, after all, an expression of goodwill! So a very merry Christmas to anyone who cares to read this (whatever your beliefs) and a healthy and successful New Year. May your God(s) go with you.
Topic: HATRED
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 12:18:56 PM
A lot of good sense here from Thar. I'd like to say welcome to the US political system but ... IMHO Career politicians (worldwide) will say, do, support or oppose anything to stay in power. This is why talented, honest and good people do not run for president. As Rex Tillerson said, "we have a sexually active individual of limited intellect for a president!" Or something like that.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:22:13 AM
FounDit wrote:
towan52 wrote:
Silenced Silenced Silenced
Personally, I don't want him impeached and removed. I would like to see this despicable individual thoroughly skunked at the election so we can call him "LOSER" and then chant, "Lock him up, lock him up." Then lock him up!

Wish all you want. Not gonna happen...Dancing

Tis too, so yah boo and sucks!! looks like we've descended to Trump's level of communication Liar
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 12:00:37 PM
Silenced Silenced Silenced
Personally, I don't want him impeached and removed. I would like to see this despicable individual thoroughly skunked at the election so we can call him "LOSER" and then chant, "Lock him up, lock him up." Then lock him up!
Topic: Do apostrophes' still matter?
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:48:36 AM
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
Very little wrong with Texas' oil fields, if you believe that oil fields belong to Texas. It's a possessive form of Texas -- not plural.
Why don't you write Texas oil fields, instead, then? It is certainly less wordy than "oil fields of Texas".

The apostrophe outside the "s" signifies the plural. So the correct form of a possessive Texas would be "Texas's" - Texas' suggests that there is more than one Texas - which is too dreadful to contemplate.
Topic: Do apostrophes' still matter?
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 3:27:20 PM
In many places the apostrophe is merely used to decorate a piece of text - the author have no clear idea of proper use. I will not write things like, "Texas' oil fields". There is only one Texas (thank the Lord) so I'll write, "The oil fields of Texas." to avoid the issue.
Topic: Musings on The Quote of the Day
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 4:13:39 PM
Unusually pensive! In other words, getting old sucks physically but is rewarding spiritually!
Topic: A Referring Question
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 4:10:41 PM
Although not entirely clear, I believe it refers to the phrase after the semicolon.
Topic: rugby world cup - congratulations Japan
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 9:02:28 AM
With the accuracy and incisiveness of my previous predictions - Go Springboks!
Topic: rugby world cup - congratulations Japan
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2019 10:13:24 AM
Japan has every reason to be proud of their efforts in this competition! Hosting the World Cup has helped their squad into a team to reckoned with.

Prediction for the Final: New Zealand v Wales