User Name: Bertoray
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 41
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The female of the genus homo is economically dependent on the male. He is her food supply.
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:47:30 PM
Like when, after mating, the female spider eats the male.
Topic: A book is a friend whose face is constantly changing. If you read it when you are recovering from an illness, and return to...
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 7:13:23 PM
Music too is in inner circle of friends. And songs, like books, may seemingly change as we grow.
Topic: Abstain and enjoy.
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:05:44 AM
All things in moderation. Would that include abstinence?
Topic: eBay
Posted: Friday, May 9, 2014 3:23:41 AM
Apropos to this, I had just ordered teflon mouse feet from Australia via eBay.
Topic: take for granted
Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:51:11 AM
There can be a negative aspect to the term. For example in a relationship, one can impose upon a friend habitually and without reciprocity because that person takes for granted their friendship. Precisely because the friendship is taken for granted, the corrosive behavior of thoughtlessness may arise, and herein the term is often invoked.
Topic: If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:30:24 AM
And dead men tell no tales.
Topic: Martin Guerre
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 5:13:45 PM
The wife embraced the motto of a popular song. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.
Topic: The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf—it's almost a law.
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 3:14:34 AM
The size of a golfer's forehead is predictive of how well he is able to keep score.
Topic: The Ancient Art of Juggling
Posted: Saturday, May 3, 2014 9:32:36 PM
From Rear Window via Thelma Ritter: I'd say she's doing a woman's hardest job: juggling wolves.
Topic: Tofu
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 3:37:24 PM
pedro wrote:
It's so versatile that you could probably lay bricks with it. I have tried to like it. I really have. Unfortunately it's a bit like tripe- ie; highly nutritious but soooooooo bland. I challenge anybody to persuade me otherwise. The best I've managed is to use the soft version and blend some into a soup for the nutrients. A slab of it has sat in my fridge for nearly a year.

After a year in the fridge, perhaps Pedro's slab of tofu has acquired an exciting new taste.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.