Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Ramadan
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:35:05 PM

"Until lions have their own historians, tales of the hunter shall always glorify the hunter."
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:01:07 PM
I don't have sufficient knowledge but I can suggest you a website that you can find out almost all questions' answers about Islam: Questions on Islam

"Until lions have their own historians, tales of the hunter shall always glorify the hunter."
Topic: Turkey
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:34:24 PM
Quote:
Turkey. I had a Kurdish colleague some years ago who told me this and more horrible stories. She is all but a terrorist, believe you me, please.

Quote:
The PKK is a political party.

I wish you sweet dreams.. Learn the history by stories and sleep! Then, suppose, count yourself as a judge.

PKK is not anything but terrorist group. It does not participate in elections. Every five year child even know it.

Yes, almostfreebird, I am totally agree with you. Someones knowledge very likely comes from inspirational, fictitious scenarios.

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 6:43:29 PM
At first, I thing we all agree about significance of making increase the human rights and absurdity of racism. The conflict is originated from prejudice and lacking or incorrect information.

Since when Turks and Kurds live together? About 1000 years.
Who established the country Turkey? Every ethnic groups who lived in Anatolia.
Could anything make a group as a first class group? Never.
Should all people have same level of human rights? Of course.

Than, what are those human rights that any group don't have now?

Well..
Does anything legitimate the murders of innocent people?
No.
Does any terrorist group have to be removed somehow?
Yes.

Again, Turkey is judging the single-party period's racist, Kemalist, anti-religious politics and cleaning its past. It is much stronger than yesterdays and anymore, it is not possible that be divided.

If somebody doesn't know the one-party period, didn't hear anything about periodic military coups against public opinion, doesn't have any idea about Masonic lodge's and Ergenekon's power on old Turkish governments/Military/Judgement; shouldn't speak about Kurd Issue.

If somebody can count PKK as a state, I can't say anything anymore.
____
Jeech wrote:
Some champions of human-rights pick and choose countries for God's sake.

Sometimes I can't get every sentences properly because of my English level. Yes, of course I have understood what does every single words mean in this sentence, but I couldn't understand why you wrote it. Please can you clarify?
____
almostfreebird, I am about to agree with you.

Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 9:47:16 AM
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was in Somalia on Friday. He called on the international community to extend a helping hand to Somalia and promised that the Turkish government would take a number of extensive measures to help Somali get back on its feet.

"This tragedy here is a test of humanity, human values, modernity and modern values. We're here to tell the world this test should be passed successfully to prove that Western values are more than empty rhetoric." said Erdoğan.

_____

I don't understand. If you couldn't take any answer, I mean, if sentences above didn't make sense, what can I say anymore? Do we use different tongue?

Perhaps you've heard or read something but you don't have enough current knowledge. That's why you confuse past with present.

What am I supposed to say about "Turkish government, police and army"? Why do you ask this after stating "PKK is a terrorist group"?

Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 4:41:59 PM
PKK attacked a military convoy in Çukurca in southeastern Turkey's Hakkari province on Wednesday. The General Staff said 9 soldiers and 1 member of the state-backed village guard militia were killed while 15 soldiers were wounded.

“It is still unknown where the terrorist organization gets its weapons and explosives from, but everyone knows those explosives are not produced in the mountains.”

Yes, dirty benefits can make someones do everything.. Let's hope.. Someday, their sincerity will appear in all its nakedness..

_____

Are the word "someones" and the expression "in all its nakedness" correct in grammar? Please correct me if I do mistakes.

Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:18:41 AM
Quote:
Why are there "Security Forces" in Turkey (and in several other countries)?

What type of question is it? Should I explain why Security Forces exist all arround the world?

Quote:
Why are there still mysterious and unsolved murders of politicians and journalists in Turkey?

What are you talking about? When you were in Turkey, how many "mysterious and unsolved murders of politicians and journalists" did you see?

Yes, every single day twenty "politicians", thirty "journalists" and fifty "human rights activists" are magically murdered in the heart of Istanbul and anybody cannot realize anything(!) Is that so?

Same story... We came back... What is the difference between "Three Kurds killed by Turks" and this sentence?

If you could notice, I talked about murders that committed at the single-party period and committed by Ergenekon in the past. (Now Turkey's judgment has bagun to illuminate those murders. If you really wonder, you can follow the Ergenekon Judgment) Most of them happened in East Anatolia and it is relevant to Kurdish people, Kurds rights that we are discussing about.

Do you know, we have an expression in Turkish: "Bu konuya Fransızsın". It can be translated like "you are a Frenchman to this topic". It mentions about a man who doesn't have any idea about the issue like a Frenchman doesn't understand what are Turkish people talking about. Again, please don't be like this Frenchman.

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:24:53 AM
"USA considers PKK as a terrorist group." If USA didn't consider PKK as a terrorist group, what would you consider PKK?

Do we have to decide acording to expedient judgment of aouthorities about a nations rights? Can thoughts of "many countries" change the truth? For instance, some strong EU countries welcome PKK militants, what are we going to do?

We saw their honesty and loves about human rights in Bosnia, in Palestine, in Chechnya etc. in the past.

Quote:
But it is ugly airing a nation's laundry. Turkey wants into the EU, and there's some basic laundry that needs to be done before that can happen.

"You should be honest for sweet benefits." Yes, expedient benefits require sometimes being quiet, sometimes shouting. Isn't it ugly?

Personally, I don't care about being into EU. I can be Turkish, I can be Kurdish, I can be Armenian, I can be Alevi, I can be Sunni it doesn't matter. Neither I want sweet benefits nor I am trying to show my country like sinless.

I don't defend the governments (İnönü) Kemalist, racist, dirty politics at 3o's, 40's. I hate its discriminations. I admit, many innocent Kurds were killed because of nationalist movement. Many Muslims were persecuted because of laic desires. Even it is not written at Wikipedia, we know even that reading Quran was forbidden! I can write much more things. For example, do you know anything about the secret terrorist group Ergenekon and unsolved murders?

But happily, it has changed for many years. What do you know about Demotratic Initative and Kurdish initiative? What do you know about Kurds thoughts? What do you know about recent Ergenekon cases/judgements? Don't worry, we care about our brothers/sisters rights more than EU.

If we are talking about human rights, trying to reach the truth, we must care about only the truth.

"I know lots of Turkish people living in Finland, many of them Kurds." I really wonder, are they PKK partisans? What did they tell?

Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:39:48 AM
I wonder how the other nations call fasting? In Turkey we call sawm, "oruch". It comes from Persian word "ruza". Also we call salaah "namaz". It comes from Persian as well.

I was very surprised when I heard the word "kismet" which comes from Arabic in an English movie a few days ago. We use this word as well.

Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:24:39 AM
Ramadan, is a sacred month in which the Qur'an started to be revealed to Allah's Messenger (PBUH). The Holy Quran was verbally revealed from God to Prophet (PBUH) gradually from 610 to 632(the year of his death).

Sawm (the Arabic word for fasting) means "to refrain". It means not only refraining from food and drink, but from evil actions, thoughts, and words.

It is one of the five pillars of Islam. It is a kind of worship that has many benefits like making us notice that we are slaves, understanding the value of the bounties, educating our souls, understanding the state of the needy people in the community...

It is much more than just not eating and drinking. It is not a diet. We can't do it for being healty. Perhaps it is one of the smallest benefits of sawm.

_________
Two useful links:
Why Ramadan, Why Fasting?
What is fasting? / The Benefits of fasting

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.