Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 673
[0.08% of all post / 0.24 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Medicine Vs Surgery.
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:20:32 PM
I have more or less signed off on these discussions. Precise diagnosis based on advanced medical and surgical data as well as patient history are the basis of treatment. One must not compare my diagnosis vs. your diagnosis. We should be thankful to enlightened and erudite diagnosticians to recommend the treatment of choice for the patient, may I add, on an individual basis. There are multiple shades of cancer and that applies to most diseases.
Topic: Help Ellen de Generes - Just Tweet
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 2:55:46 AM
Is there no end to Trump's self serving ignorant statements and policies??? I watched his sons' trophy hunting photos on TV and wanted to puke!!
Maybe the US president should spend a bit more time reflecting on his contributions to female abasement... and how his behaviour lowers the level of the American presidency. Trump's sons or any others have no right to kill for trophies!! Disgusting!!
Topic: Good weekend to all ! I,hope you,re all ok.
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 11:22:21 PM
The, 'your' American president needs to take a serious chill pill. Because he sits on the high chair does not give authority to denigrate the hard working relief people on the ground. Hitting a golf ball in the lap of luxury does not support people who are struggling in hardship!!
Topic: Nepal outlaws menstration huts.
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 9:37:58 AM
Romany... Yes, these religious and cultural traditions wreak havoc on women and that includes FGM. It would be admirable for men to wake up and understand that this monthly process has played a huge role in their fundamental existence.

Sorry you couldn't access the website. A woman tells her story and how she has changed this with her husband and daughter. Girls and women sometimes die during the 'shed' moment from snake bites, from smoke inhalation, from the cold in winter. Some are raped!

We as a species have miles to go...
Topic: senior citizens / oldsters
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:20:19 AM
Some of us 'old folks' don't let numbers slow us down. I'm in my 70s and currently doing volunteer work in Nepal. I even sit on the back of a motorbike with my backpack going on narrow winding streets through muddy potholes. I hike regularly where I live, day hikes of 15+ kms and ascending elevations of up to 1000 metres. We are all seniors in my group, the patriarch is 78.

Is this called bragging rights?Dancing Dancing
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:06:47 AM
FYI... This was in today's Kathmandu Post which gives history and current issues.

http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2017-08-27/old-beliefs-die-hard.html
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 9:19:45 AM
I'm currently in Nepal for a total of seven weeks. I've been here before but did not know about this cultural issue. However, there have been several articles in the newspapers since I arrived. This practice called chhaupadi has been outlawed for many years but the tradition persists especially in rural areas. Yes, it is now criminalised but I wouldn't hold my breath on this being enforced. The government is as lame as humanly possible. Women don't count for much here especially outside the main centres.

http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2017-08-10/new-law-criminalises-chhaupadi-custom.html
Topic: Senate Health Care Bill failure and the Trump coalition
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:05:49 AM
I saw this article in a Kathmandu newspaper this morning and thought some of you might enjoy... by Nicholas Kristof of the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/opinion/republican-healthcare-trump-surgeon.html
Topic: G20, what was in your country's bucket list?
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:41:38 AM
I am currently doing volunteer work in Nepal so have little time and sometimes no internet to participate in some of these Politics discussions. I have access to TV, a few English channels, so can follow the mind boggling events in the world but mostly the in USA. But, I stand with all of you who share info, thoughts, but mostly disgust at the current events unfolding. Narcissism, nepotism, lies and deceit have no place in the White House. Leadership (?) down the toilet!
Topic: Non countable vs. countable
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:15:08 AM
To add my two cents... the word catastrophe is countable. For example, we can say:
'He/she experienced many catastrophes in his/her life.

The use of an article, a or the, or no article in the singular will depend on context, but catastrophe is not necessarily uncountable.

http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/catastrophe

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.