Interests: Reading
Home Page http://www.fadyandramy.yolasite.com
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: please help me with english/arabic translastions-phonetical
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 8:28:18 AM
Actually I've a very little knowledge about horses but I'll try to help.
Well for the female the word swan means (بجع Baga) and the last letter ع is not phonetic in English so I guess it won't be suitable, but maybe because she's grey you can call her Shhba'a
شهباء but also there is a little phonetic problem with the last letter and I can't express it in English.
Shhba'a means white colour the white land (because ice) or (The tough strong female) or (Very powerful army)and also it's the title of Haleb city in Syria and the pronunciation in English is rather close to the Arabic but as I said there is a little problem in the last letter pronunciation.

If she got red or blond mane, It might be better for her to be called Sahba'a صهباء which means the blond girl, or cold night or wine or the best camels
Yet we still have the same phnetic problem in the last letter.
But the word grey in Arabic means Ramady رمادي,yet if you want to call her that name it'd be Ramadya (because she's female)but it's not completely good name, no girl carries that name besides it usually indicates to grey hair and senior citizens.
Yet It has no phonetic problems between English and Arabic but I don't think it's nice name.

I entered the site of Bani Tamim tribe (An Arabian tribe) and their was a subject about horses names and here is the site
http://www.bnitamem.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16177
Also note they use strong names because horses are connected to battles and bravery.
for non ohnetic problem I found this:-

For Sassafrass and since it's young male you can call it El-Yaseir اليسير (The horse is owned to Abo Nodeir El Saady El Tamimy) which he had mentioned it in his poems, it means the little or the few
but then I found another stronger name El Mokaser المكسر (Owned by Saiad El Faoars "Otaiba Bin Elharth El Yarboee El Tamimi") and it means (The breaker) but also the title of his owner (Saiad El Foarse صياد الفوارس seems good to me it means the (knigts hunter)

For Andy I suppose El-Yaseir اليسير which I had mentioned before is good for him, yet Webal (Adversity) is the horse of (the owner Damra Bin Gaber El Rababy El Tamimi) and of course it's adversity for it's enemies only.
I hope this little information was enough somehow and thank you for reading.
Topic: Le huiteme jour
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:39:23 PM
Merci beaucoup
Je veux le sous-titre sous forme texte
Je vous remercie beaucoup pour intéressant
Topic: Le huiteme jour
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:47:18 AM
Mon français n'est pas tellement bonne
Je veux Sous-titres français pour le film
Le huiteme jour
mais ce tres important soit en francais
d'utiliser qu'il en étudier le français

et je vous remercie beaucoup
Topic: New person: need translation
Posted: Monday, November 1, 2010 3:00:52 PM
You are very Wellcome and Thank you Too
Topic: Using numbers in words
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:09:23 PM
excaelis wrote:
Well, you guys designed the numbers we all use in the first place, so I guess you can do whatever you like with them ;-)

Thank you very much for the nice notice.
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:29:07 AM
Yes, Exactly, that is what happened,
It's very strange indeed, and I can't explain it, but yes that is what happened
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:27:04 AM
Well, I'm not so good in astronomer knowledge but I looked hard for the names you mean and I found out that we use a textual counterpart for the English words
so we divide the lunar conditions into four sections (Helal هلال) which means crescent, Tarbee Aoul or Al-Roba Al-Aoul which means تربيع أول أو الربع الأول the first quarter, Bader بدر which means full moon , and Tarbee Akeer or Al-Roba Al-Akeer which means التربيع الأخير أو الربع الأخير

Here is a link to one of many Arabic sites I looked thorough

http://www.scoutsarena.com/muntada/showthread.php?t=23145

and I couldn't find special names for the moon conditions in any of the sites I searched in them.

I'm sorry, I couldn't get what you want exactly

Thank you for reading
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:58:38 AM
Actually there are letters that has no counter part in any language and it has no relation to the numbers also

so why do we use numbers then?
I asked my younger brother about this strange act when he writes something on the web and he said they (The youth) have now developed something like a web codes or a web special Arabic lettering that no one had set but it had been created spontaneously!
and he could be right because there no relation at all between those numbers and the letters they represent, also no relation at all between those letters and any letter in English for example those letters are

ق
ح
خ
ع
غ

they are widely used in Arabic and there is no match for them at all neither in numbers nor in English.
If you haven't heard their pronunciation before, you will be amazed of their very strange pronunciation.

Thank you for reading
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:32:01 AM
I think you want to say War Horse
If so, it means (El-Goad El-Moharb) or (El-Faras El-Moharb) or (El-Hosan El-Moharb)
The word El-Moharb المحارب means warrior
the three words (Goad, Faras, Hosan) have the same meaning which is(Horse) but the word Hosan usually used in the slang Arabic between the commons.
The word Faras فَرس is widely used for fighter horses, or war horse.

The plural form would be (Giad جياد, Afras أفراس , or Ahsena أحصنة) which means horses
and the plural of El-Moharb is El-Moharbeen المحاربين

Thank you for reading

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.