Statistics
Number of Posts: 839
[0.10% of all post / 0.33 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: here there
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:53:05 AM
ghu wrote:
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

"There he comes" - you see him approaching couple of blocks away.

But these blocks are where you are. He goes to the side where you are. The direction of his movement is towards you. (not from you, when he goes)

It's April, I don't know why I remember this guy

Sorry, I feel a bit bored

"Wherever ye are, death will find you out, even if ye are in towers built up strong and high!" (An-Nisa':78)
Topic: Just got my daughter's genital mutilated
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:11:47 AM
The 2nd source in Islam is hadith

maybe it's like gospels in Christianity.

I still think it's more of religious act than cultural act as I know non-muslims from same cultural background don't practise it.

*I am sorry, I've tried to answer your first question above but it took very long time to me to think, it looks a simple question but the answer is not as simple.

added: Although I don't follow any specific denomination/sect/school of teaching, I don't follow certain Imams, I don't follow any Islamic Organisation, that does't mean I am not bound by religious dictates.

"Wherever ye are, death will find you out, even if ye are in towers built up strong and high!" (An-Nisa':78)
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:53:09 AM
Nothing in the Quran about male and female circumcision (afaik), but Quran is not our sole source.

Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:32:07 AM
Now please give me an advice what word I should use.

Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:22:25 AM
I use circumcision because I don't know other term in English. I didn't know if (female) circumcision always means clitoris cutting .

Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:18:47 AM
The removal of clitoris may be practised by some muslims (I heard, in Africa), but it actually is against Islamic teaching.

Female circumcision in Islam

Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:56:03 AM
Edited.

Some studies/researches reveal the benefit of circumcision and some other studies reveal no significant benefit of circumcision, only risk.

I was circumcised when I was 9. I remember my parents even didn't persuade me, bribe me, or intimidate me. They even almost never talked about circumcision. It was just a common kids talk at the time especially my friends and I often swam naked at Barito river, and I knew about circumcision from friends who were older. I didn't even know if circumcision was a religious thing. It was I who voluntarily asked my parents to get me circumcised.

When I was circumcised, a long with my brother, 11, and my cousin, 10, I don't remember anything but happiness. I always see happiness in kids' face after being circumcised.
Sounds like we had/have been brainwashed, right?

*I you happen to have friends who are muslims, you may ask them about circumcision personally, what the effect on them and if they could go back to the past, they would prefer be circumcised or not.

Topic: What a brave girl . . .
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 12:37:40 PM
I don't feel offended at all, but by the sound of your question people would think that you mixed up Islam, Muslims, and Taliban.

I don't know why Taliban prohibit girls from acquiring education, maybe they consider the schools have adopted western educational system and they don't like it.

Topic: What a brave girl . . .
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:59:09 AM
The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said: “Acquisition of knowledge is biding on all Muslims (both men and women without any discrimination)”. (Sunan Ibn Maja)

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) also said at another place: “Acquire knowledge even if you may have to go to China* for it. Verily acquisition of knowledge is binding on every Muslim”. (Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr)

*that's China in 7th century. Nowadays, I would say 'go to Finland'.

Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:13:30 AM
KerryP wrote:
You might not regret any of your comments ithink140, but I do. Specifically I disagree wholeheartedly with you that the post was designed to ridicule.

Blooper's attitude has never been confrontational nor disrespectful in any post.

I believe that we have a situation of one person being open about their culture and trusting that we will receive the information in the spirit in which it was offered. Overall this has not happened.

I too was shocked at the topic title, my heart is still racing, my stomach churning at the thought of it and I am close to tears. I am trying to "walk in the other man's shoes" to see the content of the post from the view of another culture.

@Romany - I appreciate your post and find it useful in trying to put balance into this topic.

@Blooper - I can imagine how you would feel about the accusative tone of the responses. I do hope that you will log on to read that not all responders have the same knee-jerk reaction of not digesting your message - some of us try to understand and try to find middle ground from where both sides can then have a discussion.

(I am so upset, my hands are still shaking.)

Thank you for your supportive comment, KerryP

Honestly, I felt more of 'disappointed' than anything else.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.