Interests: travelling, languages, sports, animals
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 355
[0.04% of all post / 0.14 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Your Favorite Song
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:43:15 AM
I agree with ex's "All of it." So this was playing on my Audacious when I initially saw the thread...

Linkin Park - Roads Untraveled

Only the heart can see clearly: what is important is invisible to the eyes. The Little Prince
Topic: Hell is Repetition
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:46:51 AM
Well, it can hardly get any worse... Sorry, a devout Tebow fan here. Also, I thought Stephen Hill was the best WR at this year's Combine, so his two TDs were kinda cool.
I was really impressed with RG3 and the 49ers yesterday. Kudos to them, even though I was hoping for the Packers to do this year what Tom Brady and the Patriots failed to do in 2007 season, bugger...

Only the heart can see clearly: what is important is invisible to the eyes. The Little Prince
Topic: Association Game: Proper Nouns
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 9:15:12 AM
The Mission

Topic: Nikola Tesla (1856)
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2012 3:30:03 AM

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Topic: MISLEADING!
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012 4:18:11 AM
A morning star shining into somebody's face would be really painful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_star_(weapon)

Topic: the human voice
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2012 9:58:02 AM
One of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard, she is Serbian and sings only Serbian Orthodox music.
Divna Ljubojevic - Veliko Slavoslovije

I can always listen to these two people, together and separately.
Freddie Mercury, Montserrat Caballé - Barcelona

Topic: Best T.V. Theme Songs
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:24:55 AM
The Big Bang Theory

Topic: Short stories - famous or important ones
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:25:18 AM
Anton Pavlovich Chehov "The Steppe"
I'm really surprised no one mentioned Chehov before, he's one of the greatest short-story writers ever.

rogermue wrote:
Off the topic:

How can it be explained that people of South East Asia have so much difficulty pronouncing /r/. Is it simply the fact that some sounds must be learned 'with mother's milk' and that the languages of SE Asia don't use the /r/?

When I worked in Japan as an English teacher I made my students "roll the Rs" before pronouncing words because there was a situation when I asked "What did you have for breakfast this morning?" and got the answer "I had lice!"

Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:16:35 AM

Swahili

Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:41:42 AM

Inspector Frost

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.