Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 478
[0.05% of all post / 0.17 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: jumping with joy
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:44:44 PM
We're jumping with joy over our new born baby or We're jumping with joy over the news of our new born baby.

kindly advise which one is the correct

Thank you
Prince
Topic: Otherwise qualified
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:17:34 PM
Section 504 states, "No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States . . . shall, solely by reason of her or his disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance ,,, "

"No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States" . I understand the meaning is as same as "no individual with disability".., however I would like to know the impact of the word "Otherwise".

Kindly exlain

Thank you

Prince
Topic: DO YOU HOLD / HAVE YOU HELD
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 12:59:55 PM
thar wrote:
Compare it with:

Do you live in France?
Yes, I live in France.

That is where I live now.

Have you ever lived in France?
Yes, I have lived in France and Italy. But now I live in Britain.
Those are places I have lived in, at some point in the past.

It is present perfect because that fact is still true and relevant in my life - I can't undo it!

But I am not living in France or Italy now - I live in Britain.

If you have held citizenship of a country, it is a big deal - that fact remains relevant now, even if you have changed your nationality since then.

You can hold citizenship of one country ('the one indicated above')
For some people:
You can also hold citizenship of another country now (dual citizenship)
Or you could have held citizenship of another country in the past, but relinquished it, so you no longer hold it. But this form still needs

to know about it!

Is there any difference if say Had you held any citizenship before?
Topic: DO YOU HOLD / HAVE YOU HELD
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 11:56:30 AM
Do you hold or have you held any other nationality other than the one indicated?

Please help me understand the difference between the two.

Thank you
Prince
Topic: CEO's of Big corporations
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:48:07 PM
RuthP wrote:
prince wrote:
"The CEO"S of big corporations are not there because they only read positive mental attitude books and attended conferences, meetings etc emphasizing the same thing over ad over again"

The CEO"S of big corporations are not there = They didn't become CEO"S just because.... = The CEO's are not there only to......

Please explain why I should understand like that.

Thank you

Prince.

Nope. To know what the author is saying, we need at least a couple of sentences (maybe a paragraph) from before you started your quote. As it is, this looks like the author is speaking about some meeting or event the CEOs don't attend.

Give us some more context and we will be better able to answer your question.

There is one company that always insists on meetings, readings and seminars all are meant to self motivate or create passion among the students aspiring to become entrepreneurs. so one critic is openly questioning the company why they are focusing too much on these motivational seminars which are boring because to him its like replaying the same video over and over again instead they can use the valuable time in training strategies, methodologies , and other technical aspects of a business.
Topic: CEO's of Big corporations
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:05:24 PM
"The CEO"S of big corporations are not there because they only read positive mental attitude books and attended conferences, meetings etc emphasizing the same thing over ad over again"

The CEO"S of big corporations are not there = They didn't become CEO"S just because.... = The CEO's are not there only to......

Please explain why I should understand like that.

Thank you

Prince.
Topic: could have caught
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:09:19 PM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Hi Prince.

Because I know your "hobbies" and location, it is easy to understand these sentences - but "SA" is not a common abbreviation in Britain and I would not immediately guess it.
Also "slips" has other, more likely meanings in the icy and snowy winter of Britain! (Have you ever played cricket on ice?

"Blinders" is also an 'odd' word to me. I knew it (when I was young) in the phrase "he played a blinder" - he played a great game.

"Diving forward" feels awkward, but the wording seems OK - it is just that I can't find the best place in the sentence for it.

However, grammatically, the first sentence seems OK.
I would use the perfect "could have caught", but I don't think the simple present "could catch" is wrong.

To make it a little clearer in local terms here, I'd write it:
"I see no way any other team could have made the brilliant catches that the SA slips pulled off in the second innings by diving forward."

The second one contains a typo which makes it sound odd. Both 'any's are unnecessary

I definitely would NOT use the perfect in the second section - definitely "pulled off" not "have pulled off".

"I think there's no other team could have caught those slip catches that SA fielders pulled off diving forward in the second innings."

Thank you very much for the detailed understanding and guessing the correct context to correct me .
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:33:07 AM
"I see no way in which any other team could catch the blinders SA slips pulled off diving forward in the second innings."

"I think there's no any any other team could have caught those slip catches that SA fielders have pulled off diving forward in the second innings."

Kindly correct me the mistakes in both the above sentences and also suggest me which is most effective.

Thank you

Prince
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:12:35 PM
"I see no way in which any other team could catch the blinders SA slips pulled off diving forward in the second innings."

"I think there's no any any other team could have caught those slip catches that SA fielders have pulled off diving forward in the second innings."

Kindly correct me the mistakes in both the above sentences and also suggest me which is most effective.

Thank you

Prince
Topic: beating yourself up
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:02:40 PM
What is the meaning of beating yourself up?

Please explain me

Thank you.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.