Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 450
[0.05% of all post / 0.18 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: as far as my understanding
Posted: Friday, June 02, 2017 10:49:42 AM
is it correct grammatically to say " as far as my understanding is concerned we all will become extinct in the next 200 years".

Please correct me if I was wrong.

Thank you

Topic: Removing commas (,)
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 6:47:53 AM
Unlike many WWW sites, this site, to be known as hpq.net, is a software-driven database application using Microsoft Site Builder with ASP coding and the MS-SQL database.

let me write the above sentence the same way but I remove commas(,). "Unlike many WWW sites this site to be known as SQE.net is a software-driven database application using Microsoft Site Builder with ASP coding and the MS-SQL database".

Please explain the difference in the meaning ,if changed, by removing commas(,).

Thank you

Prince
Topic: atleast vs within
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:40:28 PM
sureshot wrote:
prince wrote:
Can someone explain the difference between atleast 4 months before the expiry date and the within 4 months before the expiry date?

Thank you

Prince

At least 4 months before the expiry date: It means that the action/activity should be completed a minimum of 4 months before the expiry date. Say, the expiry date is 30 Sep 2017. The action/event should be finished/completed before 31 May 2017.

Within 4 months before the expiry date: The activity/action should be done in the time span of 4 months before the expiry date. Say, the expiry date is 30 Sep 2017. The action/event should be finished/completed within the 4 month period i.e. between 01 Jun 2017 and 31 May 2017.

What about the action to be completed any time between may 31 2017 to 30th September 2017?
Topic: atleast vs within
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 12:03:45 PM
Can someone explain the difference between atleast 4 months before the expiry date and the within 4 months before the expiry date?

Thank you

Prince
Topic: read
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 12:43:45 PM
you are now listening to The news read by X.

How do we pronounce read here ,I mean it is Red or REED by?

Please advise

Thank you
Topic: I hope you got your time.
Posted: Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:57:06 AM
X meant he gave enough time to media personnel to interview him as much as they wanted but I still believe the sentence " I hope you got your time " doesn't suffice.
Topic: rented out my house
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 2:59:06 PM
NKM wrote:
As DragO says, he is renting his house to someone.

I guess Drago meant , He is renting out his house to someone rather than renting his house to someone.

What do you say?

Topic: I hope you got your time.
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 2:56:00 PM
NKM wrote:
I suppose he might have meant "I hope you got what you wanted."

Is it the correct way to say like how X said?
Topic: referral vs referee
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 2:53:04 PM
Thank you Dragaon Speaker and NKM
Topic: rented out my house
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 10:44:53 AM
My friend said I have rented out my house ,I didn't understand though but kept quiet just to cover up my ignorance.

Does he mean he actually living in a rented house or he is renting his house to someone?

Please clarify.

Thank you

Prince

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.