Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 659
[0.07% of all post / 0.24 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Roger water’s reaction to syria attack : false propaganda
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 11:21:27 AM
Kirill Vorobyov wrote:
I would say political cartoons are as bad as simplistic political slogans - they deliberately seek to over-simplify otherwise complex matters. They never help, as far as I can see, - even less so the very side they are supposed to "represent".

Using the proposed example, Mr. Yarin, if you are against Saturday strikes against Syria then how is your post helpful to make your point? I daresay people who are relevent to any decision making are adult enough not to be convinced by cartoons. You have to make arguments to convince them. And what these cartoons do is just provoke emotional negative reaction, which only makes any understanding harder to achieve. So unless one's actual objective is exactly that, such things are completely counter-productive.

I would say that political cartoons are criticized if they don't support your views. Mostly they are exactly what they appear to be statements on the world events of the day.
Topic: Razor?
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:41:23 AM
It appears to be an old Gillette Model
Topic: Committee to Investigate Russia interviews James Clapper & John Brennan
Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 11:20:47 AM
Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1 wrote:
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
James Clapper, former director of National Intelligence, and John Brennan, former CIA Director, are interviewed on Russia's attack on the 2016 election.

I've listened for 10 minutes out of 22 total. They are talking about the magnitude of what the Russians were doing but do not offer any single example of what they were doing. That is called malarkey.

Maybe because that information is classified.
Topic: Clinton Russian collusion ...
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:50:53 AM
Buzzito wrote:
Let's now hear an apology from the Killary Klinton supporters .............

CRICKET, CRICKET!!!

Why the investigation has only just begun. As with the investigation by Robert Mueller of the 2016 election which is on going I would say let it play itself out it may turn into nothing or it may turn into something. Right or is due process just for the my guy???
Topic: Las Vegas
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 6:25:52 PM
I challenge anyone to tell me where it says in the 2nd Amendment that the private citizen has the right yo keep and bears arms and just to be safe here is the text of the Amendment from the Bill of Rights;
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 5:54:19 PM

You'll be surprised to know that the "wild west" hardly was, and certainly isn't now.
Ok, here is the plan for eliminating guns from the USA -- that's what you want, right?
1) Have all the criminals turn in their guns. This includes the illegals smuggling them in (and anyone else).
2) ... doesn't really matter, does it? Because step 1 isn't going to happen.[/quote]

The first thin that anybody ever says after reading what I wrote is ."you want to take guns away from all people" or something to that effect while you know that that is not what I said the Western Territories were no violent buy they did harbor a hard life and most of the people living in the west were veterans of the Civil and the Indian Wars. They knew how to defend themselves but unless you lived on the land there was no need for a gun unless you hunted or were in law enforcement. In todays world I agree with Ronald Reagan who said "I agree with owning guns ... But I can see no reason for a person to own an AK-47." So do yourself a favor stop get your knickers in a knot when someone say something you don't agree with but look at all angles and you might learn something all you have put forward here is an unbalanced argument that is not well thought out.
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 3:06:24 PM
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
YOu like being the sitting duck? Do you really think the criminals are going to turn in their guns? HaHaHa!

B&^ls&*t if that was true the west would never have been settled guns were far less prevalent in the "Wild West" then you would think. Plus the people who used guns had better training in their use.
Topic: How Close are Spanish and Portuguese Languages?
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 11:18:24 AM
Well let me ask you this how close are Canadian and US English? my answer would be about that close.
Topic: Raqqa is being slaughtered silently by US-Led Coalition and ISIS
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 2:13:08 PM
It's fascinating that you don't put any blame on DAESH.
Topic: private gentleman
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:19:33 PM
A Private Gentleman is a man who made his money the old fashioned way. He inherited it. Also he keeps to himself never seems to leave his estate or talk to people.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.