Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 361
[0.04% of all post / 0.13 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Flooding
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 1:22:21 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
If I had PM'ed the admins they might had reacted next Monday. You stopped, that's the main thing ;-)

Ok, it`s time to leave the forum. Enjoy a ridicule-free area.
I loved this site though, I learned a lot of things.
Topic: 'anastrophe'
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:53:30 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/anastrophe

Inversion of the normal syntactic order of words; for example, "Matter too soft a lasting mark to bear" (Alexander Pope).

(Literature / Rhetoric) Rhetoric - another term for inversion

anastrophe
a rhetorical device in which the usual word order of a phrase or sentence is reversed.
Topic: Word Chains
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:35:58 PM
Paradise Lost
Topic: Q & A
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:15:30 PM
kitten wrote:
I didn't see it but did you watch "Avatar" and if so why did you like it and why didn't you like it?

It was the first 3D movie I`ve seen. Maybe that`s why I liked it.

Would you like to be an admin or moderator on this forum?
Topic: Flooding
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:12:26 PM

It was a request. It seems I`m the only one to think that way. I stopped.

You should have PM-ed the admins.
Topic: Do you know the 8 "clobber" passages?
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:51:25 AM
wercozy wrote:
JJ scores!...
bluecloud, I wonder why no one else is asking whether or not I read the Bible?

From my experience, people that vehement against the Bible have never read it. They base their "certitudes" only on TV documentaries they`ve seen or on other people`s comments. It may not be your case. I was just checking. I think it`s only fair to read a book before expressing such negative opinions. I respect your choice to feel strongly against the Bible only if you`ve spared the time and effort to read about 1 000 pages of intricate literature.
You`re right: JJ scores, not you, cause he made the effort to Google it, something you didn`t even bother.

wercozy wrote:
but knew there were some mean passages in the Bible since...

That`s the idea: some people just know, but don`t bother to check.

To show respect for the other people that posted here, I`ll stop contradicting you. You may find some other people interested in debating this, some who could be "useful" to you or to the topic.
Topic: Are these sentences natural? April 16
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:33:34 AM
Are you natural, musicgold? April 16

I`m getting tired of the same title over and over again. So I`m gonna post this question until you manage to post in one topic only or change the title according to its contents.
Topic: Do you know the 8 "clobber" passages?
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 2:12:23 PM
wercozy wrote:
Conclusion...

I was referring to the idea you posted ("I learned that there were two classes of human beings worse than child killers, rapists, slave holders, and murderers of 100,000 people in one day, in the name of God: 1. Jews 2. Homosexuals.") that it cannot be found in the Bible.
Beside homosexual practices, the Bible considers equally sinful a lot of things such as: lying, worshiping idols, killing, adultery and so on.

But why would someone hate or discriminate homosexuals? Or Jews?

I`ve met people from various commonly-discriminated minorities (Muslims with their faces covered also - talking about another topic), but I didn`t yet have the chance to talk to a gay person and I`d like that. Or maybe I did talk to him/her and didn`t know their sexual orientation.
I didn`t manage to see all valuable and good people belonging to a certain group. I`d look for it if there was.

wercozy, you still didn`t answer my question whether you read the Bible or not.
Topic: French Face Veil Ban Goes into Effect
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 1:37:00 PM
mackle wrote:
It's okay to wear that in your own country ladies, but don't expect the rest of the world to accept it. When in France, do as the French do or simply return to your native soil and wear the customary clothing and follow those rules.

What if a French woman changes her religion and wants to wear it?
Topic: France bans burqa
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2011 1:14:01 PM
Maggie wrote:
That doesn't mean that Islam as a Religion has not become a major threat to the safety and well being of citizens across this planet.

What?! Are you that discriminative?Shame on you

Blooper wrote:
(very few people consider it as haram)

What`s that "haram"?

Etcheparre wrote:
«Nul ne peut, dans l'espace public, porter une tenue destinée à dissimuler son visage»
Or in English, "One cannot, within public space, wear an outfit which aims to hide one's face.".

Are these allowed?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.