Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,552
[0.31% of all post / 1.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Dictionary not working
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 4:09:53 AM
For some reason, I've got Adblock and ABP.(I need to sort that out.) Both are now disabled for the site and it's working perfectly. Thanks for your help! TFD is indeed the best reference tool!

"Ignorant men don't know what good they hold in their hands until they've flung it away." - Sophocles
Topic: Dictionary not working
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:25:20 AM
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted anything in ages. But I use the site for my work.

I was trying to check the various meanings of a word but the dictionary wouldn't load. I got the "Something went wrong ..." message. However, I had no problems with the Thesaurus. I tried back and forth, reloaded, disabled Adblock and all to no avail. It will not work.

What can I do? Am I the only one with this problem? I seem to remember getting that message long ago but it still worked and one day went away (if I remember correctly).

Thanks for any help!

"Ignorant men don't know what good they hold in their hands until they've flung it away." - Sophocles
Topic: The Free Dictionary will not work properly with ad-blockers
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 4:07:12 AM
[quote=TFD]To disable AdBlock, make sure you choose the option "Don't run on pages on this domain."

This helped me since I thought blocking the popups was enough.

However, after choosing the "Don't run on pages on this domain" you must also choose "exclude"on the next popup. I did for both TFD AND TFD Forum!

Now I am amazed at all the adverts!

Oh well, someone's got to pay. That makes the world go 'round.

Thanks TFD!

Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:10:36 AM
Unfortunately clearing my cache didn't work.

Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:56:41 AM
Hi! I haven't been in the forum for a long time but I use TFD a lot. Just since yesterday I've been getting the same thing. I've deactivated my ad blocker to no avail. Something else must be up.
At least the dictionary is working fine! Touch wood.

Topic: Tense problem
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 8:51:49 AM
Ooops, simultaneous posting.

Topic: Tense problem
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 8:50:32 AM
Sorry still not right as far as I'm concerned.

- had started for 2 hours - would indicate that it took 2 hours to start.

If you want the space of time, I'd say

When I got there, the show had been playing for two hours.

If you want to indicated when it started

When I got there, the show had (already) started two hours before.

Topic: part and theme
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:42:56 AM
Hi Dran0nspeaker!

Thanks for your input. I think that's what I was looking for.

Topic: part and theme
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:33:57 AM
Hi everyone,

In this part of the sentence I am not sure whether part and theme are correct. Can a part for the violin be the main theme in a piece of music? I don't want to change too much. Should I use another word?
I can't give you more context, it is someone else's writing.

XXX, a piece (of music) from the film of the same name, had a heartbreaking part for the violin as its main theme,

thanks!

Topic: Cheetoz = in English?
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:56:09 AM
I'd call them cheezies, regardless of the brand.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.