User Name: Klaas V
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,341
[0.17% of all post / 0.53 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Poetry: Who is your favorite poet?
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:57:42 AM
Hands down Catullus

Here's why

My teacher of Latin most of the timess asked me to translate his poems. Not that I practised all of them you filthy guys...

With maybe the exception of the unasked there just isn't such thing available as a dumb question - Z4us
Topic: a noun is modified by a hyphenated description?
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:14:00 AM
A cooperator wrote Indian person who holds a PhD in English.

Apparently it's the way they write stylish English in India. It's like the 'Dutch' of more than a century ago evolved to Afrikaans. With few effort we can understand when spoken or written. We miss some words that are unknown if you never learned this 'daughter language' without using a dictionary like TFD. Flemish is another story...

With maybe the exception of the unasked there just isn't such thing available as a dumb question - Z4us
Topic: both and
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:37:44 AM
@nima_persian

The psychopath appeared in front of the judge.

Both the sentence to stay in prison for ten years and forced psychiatric treatment he had to serve.

Topic: A and Q
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:25:44 AM
Q: Can you keep an eye on my teenage daughters while I'm running errands, please?

A: The morning after the night before.

Topic: Would Turing be Satisfied?
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:06:54 AM
@Pedro

Type Turing in the appropriate space on http://forum.thefreedictionary.com/Default.aspx?g=search

and you'll get 11 pages mentioning Turing and/or hs test.

Topic: both and
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:15:21 AM
Suppose both admirers of Nancy are called Dave you can say:

Both Daves say that Nancy is beautiful and intelligent.

Topic: neither nor
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:04:33 AM
LucOneOff wrote:
I think you should say:

I have neither a book nor a pen

or

I do not have either a book or a pen

But you could also avoid either and say

I don't have a book or a pen

Agree, however one can even avoid 'not' (not KISS so better avoid saying it like this):

I have zero books and the same amount of pens

Topic: A and Q
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:54:06 AM
Q: What you think about the forms of the Italian minister of reforms?

A: The stupid cat of the neighbors.

Topic: better than her
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 7:33:35 PM
I would say those who fight for their rights

Topic: Look who wants American intervention in Ukraine. Inanity is word of the day.
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 5:35:43 PM
to answer Dtag: soda?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.