Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,040
[0.24% of all post / 0.76 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Thanksgiving
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:29:25 AM
I heard that thnaksgiving is never complete without a stuffed turkey so here it is,

Thanks for helping me learn more about different cultures, religions and ofcourse english Anxious

It is good to rub and polish your mind against that of others.—Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Topic: Silence may be as variously shaded as speech.
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:17:01 AM
MarySM wrote:
The lyrics from an old song; "You say it best when you say nothing at all."

One of my favs.

It is good to rub and polish your mind against that of others.—Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Topic: Learn how to defend yourself?
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:14:54 AM
Good tips Vicky, I am still not able to watch the video :-(

Topic: Tigers can disappear from the wild
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:13:53 AM
I heard, in China there is a day on which they are supposed to eat Tiger meat.. can anyone confirm this ??

Topic: Name the religion
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 8:09:40 AM
There are no specific movies, just the regular ones with sikh characters that I mentioned.
And as of the religion, its not an easy one.. what we see today is the highly reformed one.I am also not a sikh .. lol... I studies 14 long years in sikh school, so I know the religious history and the political history.
The first thing that meets the eye is the hair, one is not supposed to cut/pluck even a single hair of the body. Men and women included. Trust me this is not an easy thing to do. And it goes so far that one is not supposed to touch their hair with iron things( Scissors), though I never saw anyone following this one.
The last guru, made this so that the sikhs look different from the crowd.
For other four Ks ( one about Kesh/hair , I just told) you can look in the internet.

Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 7:29:10 AM
Win wrote:
The youngest Indian religion is 'Sikhism'...it's less than 500 years old...started by Guru Nanak, the first guru of the Sikhs. By easiest I meant in Sikhism there are no restrictions, no hard core rituals to be followed, it's the simplest, least complicated one.

Are you sure, I hope this is not based on the bollywood movies Drool

Topic: New Signature Guidelines
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 7:27:50 AM
Admin.. there is a hint for you in the above post.

Topic: 'Strine
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:59:30 PM
I cannot give you any tips and tricks... just good luck !!!
Just go and blow off their minds :)

Topic: National Geographic's Photography Contest 2010
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:54:17 PM
Hi JOATMONY, and welcome to the forums.
You can use the internet for learning purpose, there are many websites/tutorials available to help you learn.

Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 9:28:05 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Win wrote:
There is another Indian religion, ------- , the youngest of all religions...easiest to follow, also know to be most relvant for our times..can anyone name it?

Bahá'í Faith?

Bahá'í is not an indian religion ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1'%C3%AD_Faith

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.