Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Stomach ulcer
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 4:22:37 AM
If it is really gastric ulcer and not malignancy or H. pylori, ulcer can be treated fairly easily with proton-pump-inhibitor omeprazole. If that doesn't help you may like to ask a doctor to confirm GERD if there is a persistent heart-burn. Ruth is right, the heart burn sensation may also be confused with some cardiac condition.
Topic: Depressed!!
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 12:49:55 AM
Dreamer wrote:
Hi all,

I just want to know what you will do when you are very depressed?Think

I think it depends on whether condition is triggered by circumstances or a chronic recurrence. If it is chronic recurrence, you might need to seek medical helps. If it is situational, the best is to resolve the issue. Hope that helps.
Topic: adjective of nutrition
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 4:07:57 AM
grammargeek wrote:
Clyde is right. No such word as nutritionous (or nutritions, for that matter).

Many thanks to all contributers.
In some countries where English is not the vernacular, we see a lot of such coinage. Only the discerning individuals will clarify and use words correctly. Not trying to disparage, indeed many simply follow the herds to use words that are inexistent.
Topic: adjective of nutrition
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:38:16 PM
We often use "nutritionous" as an adjective to describe something full of nutritions in casual conversation. I was surprised to be unable to find this word in dictionary.
Topic: Purple Sweet Potato
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 1:59:50 AM
Wander and Dreamy, thanks for your adviceDrool. I managed to get the undermentioned information from the net on health benefits of sweet potato.

1.Rich in Vitamin A (betacarotene) and Vitamin C.
2.Good for stomach ulcers and inflamed conditions of the colon.
3.May be helpful for hemorrhoid because of its high fiber content.
4.May help prevent cancer in glands and organs with epithelial tissue due to its high Vitamin A content.
5.Helps stabilize blood sugar levels.

I am intrigued by the fact the sweet potato is much lower in glycemic index than potato which is not sweet.

Any more to add?

Topic: Purple Sweet Potato
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:27:45 PM
I have been taking a lot of this purple color sweet potato of late because of its wonderful taste as compared to other types of sweet potatoes. It tastes like some starchy yam but sweeter than yam. I know in America, sweet potatoes are also called but not in Singapore.
As a result of this habitual eating, I have also been searching to find out if it is harmful by over-consuming this root tuber. To my surprise, I found out that sweet potato is full of nutritions in fact. It is said to be able to regulate blood sugar...etc. Anybody knows of other facts on this storage roots?
Topic: Asian Medical Travel Destinations: Focus On South Korea
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:34:36 AM
Janiels wrote:
Affordable healthcare, familiar surroundings, and state of the art, world-class medical treatments, procedures, and protocols are attracting millions of Asians, including Japanese, Chinese, and expatriate Koreans to South Korea for a variety of surgical procedures and medical treatments.

South Korea has long been a leader in global economics and continues to be one of the wealthiest countries in Asia. Modern architecture and ancient dynasty landmarks provide tourists with numerous destinations to visit and the friendly people and traditions of South Korea enthrall and captivate travelers from around the world.

South Korea, the home of the first cloned dog, remains on the cutting edge of technological advances in medicine and health care. Excellent and skilled physicians, state-of-the-art technology and some of the most advanced healthcare facilities in the world continue to draw medical travelers to South Korea for medical treatments and procedures in organ transplantation, cancer therapy treatments, dental care, plastic and cosmetic surgery and many others.

Hi, it doesn't cross my mind so far other than cosmetic surgery. I think the main setback is language problem as the doctor there might not communicate effectively in English.
Topic: Cancer can be beaten with an alkaline diet
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:23:02 AM
mj wrote:
Apparently cancer cannot grow in alkaline so if you change your diet your cancer can stop and eventually go away. My mom is on this and she is doing amazing. She had breast cancer last summer and had a mastectomy. She never went on any of the radiation or the chemo, then cancer came back in her liver. He Natural Path Doctor told her about the alkaline diet. She has been on this for 6 weeks now and the doctors are amazed. Let people know about this but you have to be diligent and follow the exact diet without cheating.
Good luck to all

Can you be more specific by giving examples of some alkaline diets? Thanks
Topic: Statin
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:31:22 AM
Some of you may want to watch this educational clip on cholesterol: http://cholesterol.emedtv.com/high-cholesterol-video/introduction-to-high-cholesterol-video.html
Topic: Statin
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:07:57 PM
martyg wrote:
used lipitor for several years. had terrible muscle reaction. muscle aches became so bad that i couldn't bend over to pick up my little chihuahua.

doctor's advice was to quit the drug. it took over 2 years to completely clean my system (guesstimate) and now i have no more back aches or muscle aches, except the normal aging ones.

suggest anybody who feels new or exacerbated pains, while using a statin, immediately visit their doctor.

Hi thanks for the advice. In our country, doc will normally put patient on liver enzyme surveillance and observe side effects such as muscle pain in the initial three months before embarking on long term usage. Question is three months observation is enough? What if problem pop up suddenly after many years like your case. Just wonder you have gone through the same monitoring during the initial period? How was the initial one year period? Good or bad?
It is also assumed that if one statin is giving side-effect, one may try out the next type as the different types of statin seems to have different reaction to individual body. Good to generate more discussions here.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.