Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Gecko Treatment Endangers People and Environment
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:06:17 PM
jktb wrote:
It doesn't surprise me that the medical industry is warning people about this type of treatment. The pharmaceutical companies can’t make any money off of a treatment like this so the AMA deems it harmful.

Possibly a gecko farm should be started so the ecosystem doesn’t get impacted. A bit heartless but it may balance the needs.

So you think Gecko's have amazing curative powers and this knowledge is being suppressed? I am inclined to believe it is folklore if the gecko did have this capability the pharmaceutical companies would be synthesizing it.
Topic: UN Declares Famine in Somalia
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:33:54 AM
Also for consideration is the fact of criminal gangs that usually come out during situations like this. If the land will not support the people we need to move them to an area better suitable for sustaining life, not just feed them now and leave them to die later.
Topic: R.I.P. USA Manned Space Program
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 12:56:54 PM
I think that NASA was/is a wonderful but expensive/slow/politically motivated way to get into space. I hope now that they are not in the game that the independent thinkers/dreamers will achieve what government bureaucracy couldn't.
Topic: Throwing out my TV
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 8:49:47 AM
TV can be a great waste of time but than so can the computer/internet also.
Topic: Is Male Bashing Advert Too Much?
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 4:41:03 PM
Pedro it is best to keep ignoring them(adverts) the only thing they do is try and convince you that you can not live without something that you so far have lived without or that you are an incomplete or lessor human being without their product. The end result is a world full of debt accumulated through the purchase of unneeded items (SuperMega size my happy meal please). So to summarize my monologue "Ignore adverts- go outside- meet people- enjoy life!"
Topic: Is Male Bashing Advert Too Much?
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 9:00:16 AM
I think there is too much bashing of all kinds in advertising. Why do we (all people) accept it as humorous and acceptable to denigrate others to make our products/ourselves seem better, it seems to be in our basic makeup almost. Sorry to range so far from your original post but I think until we learn to let others be as they are we are screwed.
Topic: Do you support the right to assisted suicide?
Posted: Monday, June 6, 2011 9:39:03 AM
I believe if you are mentally competent (not bipolar/manic/schizophrenia or going through withdraw from narcotics/alcohol or other things that would cloud your judgement)that you should be able to choose to do so or you can have something like a living will that would take over if you became incompetent (physically or mentally ie. dementia or brain damage) that would allow your wishes to be carried out.
Topic: 'hair of the dog that bit someone'
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 6:55:40 AM
It is from old folk lore that if a dog bit you and you put some hairs from that dog onto the wound it caused the wound wouldn't become infected. Another way to explain it is the old belief that whatever made you ill to begin with a little more of the same would cure you (like having a drink in the morning to cure a hangover). I hope this explains it.
Topic: Anyone Tried P90X?
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:43:41 PM
I did it and loved it. I hope they come out with a newer one soon because the one on one with Tony Horton are so so to do. The Insanity program by the same company is just as fun but different.
Topic: Worst way to die....
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 8:36:44 PM
Alone and with no friends or family.