User Name: Banús
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Thinking
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:36:14 PM
What a relief! I see that I'm not alone in the word jungle looking for the best way to express my thoughts.
Topic: Thinking
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:32:44 PM
ponder wrote:
I have been reading these site for a long time. I think the posts and threads are very good and you all are so intelligent and beautiful people. I would like to know how all of you can think and write the same things. I cannot write what I think. My thoughts are something, my writings is something. Why this happens because of my english is poor I know. Please tell me how to write and think synchronously.
I really like and love this forum.
Thank you very much.
Topic: expectorate
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:37:42 PM
I was once asked by an Englshman if I had read "Great Expectorations". Taken by surprise, it was a few seconds before I dug Dickens out of old schooldays recollections.
Topic: Repairs to Recalled Toyotas Will Begin Soon
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:24:01 AM
PransomeHince wrote:
In the meantime, try to throw the durn thing into neutral and/or turn off the ignition. After removing power to the transmission, then you put on the brakes.

For someone like me who has just finished reading "The Toyota Way" by Jeffrey K. Liker (McGraw-Hill,)the huge recall is quite a disappointment.
Topic: Can we do it parallely?
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 8:12:23 AM
srirr wrote:
Is the word'p "parallely" correct? As in We two can do this parallely. Meaning the two processes can be done simultaneously by two people. However, the dictionary shows that parallely is a wrong word. One use can be in parallel, like We two can do this in parallel. But, I actually want to know whether or not parallely can be used as synonym to simultaneously.

Shouldn´t it be written "parallelly" so as to conform with other adverbs ending in "l" as, for instance,
local-locally?
Topic: Old English Proverbs
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 1:52:52 PM
When I was a boy,I spent a few months in the home of an English-Brazilian family where, on top of a desk on the entrance hallway, a cardboard
sign read in bold letters:
"I have just a minute,
A tiny little minute
But eternity is in it".

Is it an English saying?
Topic: Jehovah's Witnesses
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 1:27:41 PM
The Jehovah´s Witness group are just doing what they think is best for other people. They, as any other religious group, deserve respect by those like myself who do not have any religion.
Topic: the usage of " as if"
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 12:52:32 PM
An oxymoron is a contradictory statement, ins´t it? The expression "very occasionaly", it seems, only stresses the rarity of the event and does not constitute a contradiction.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.