Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: about the word סח
Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:25:53 AM
Hi, I'd like to know if the word "סח" is related to the verbs "הוסח", or "להסיח" (i.e. one of their conjugations), since on websters-online-dictionary I found it means deflection, deviation, diversion, removal, turning aside, but in some other online dictionaries I found it means to say, speak, talk, converse.
Thank you
Topic: שנל
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:13:51 AM
Hello, I have a question about the Hebrew word specified in the title. I am interested in knowing its meaning, so I tried to translate it with an online translator, which gave the following result: "That we will circumcise".
I was wondering if this is actually the meaning of שנל, since I'm not entirely sure about the accuracy of this result.
Can you please tell me what it means?
Thank you
Topic: Verbal forms question
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2010 1:51:33 PM
Hello, I don't speak Hebrew, but I would like to ask some questions about some words I'm interested in that I have been searching with online dictionaries.
The first one is: טש
Does it mean something written just as it is? When I looked it up in an online dictionary it gave the following result: ליטוש which it translated as "to abandon, forsake". But when I looked up ליטוש in the same dictionary, it told me that it means "polishing"! While if I look up the translation for "to abandon", it gives this one: לעזוב
So I wondered: is טש a verbal form of the verb: ליטוש, and if yes, what is its translation? Or is it unrelated to this verb?
Also, when I searched for the translation of דא I got this: לדאות, meaning "to glide, soar". So I assumed that דא is a form of this verb, but I don't know which one (for example: first person - present tense, third person - simple past etc.).
Same problem with this other one: פן, which apparently means "lest", but could also be a form of the verb: להפנות.
Thank you.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.