Interests: Computing, cooking, gardening
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,627
[0.18% of all post / 0.53 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Skunks
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:38:39 AM
I had hoped to find a real remedy for removal of skunk order from pet fur. The popular method of using tomato juice did not work on my white Chihuahua, Super Mario. It did stain his white coat pink. Their is nothing worse than a pink Chihuahua with an attitude!

"He who never made a mistake never made a discovery." Samuel Smiles
Topic: Research Links Five Psychiatric Disorders
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 9:15:19 AM
The years of the Reagan administration sent this country back to the 1800's when it comes to mental health care. We are still paying a high price for our failure to address the treatment of mental illness.

Topic: this article
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 8:54:21 AM
Duh! How did I miss the fact that grammer is misspelled! It should be grammar! I still have a lot to learn.

Topic: this article
Posted: Saturday, March 2, 2013 8:47:53 AM
"As radiation rings pose serious hazards, the finding have implications for future manned flights." I would change the word "have" to the word "has". Also, is their such a word as "grammers?" Isn't grammer already plural? Just asking.......

Topic: Bitter Pill
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:19:52 PM
I just read the article that you refer to in this post. In December, my husband began having chest pain so I took him to the nearest emergency room. He was admitted to that hospital, then transferred to a heart hospital by ambulance. They placed a stent in an artery and he was home on the third day. His total stay was two nights and less than three days.

We got the first bill from the heart hospital and it is $67,666.00. We also got an ambulance bill for $830.00. The other bills have not arrived yet. We had to purchase 30 days of medication before he was discharged and it was $628.00 for one months supply.

Fortunately we have good insurance and what we pay out of our pocket is a small amount. Before this experience, I had heard of the crazy charges but it did not register for me because I had not experienced this "sticker shock".

He is doing well but he has two more arteries that have narrowed.

Topic: The verb worry
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:54:12 PM
Leon, I am going to give up the guessing on what your signature line means. Something about rubbing a duck with salt and pepper all over?
Frottez bien les canards avec du poivre et du sel ; intérieur comme extérieur.

I like the "Worried Man" video but I actually remember the version by The Kingston Trio! Of course I was a VERY small child then!

Topic: Mary Leakey (1913)
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:30:41 PM
Thanks for mentioning the Google's doodle, Ruth. I didn't catch it. Mary Leaky was an amazing person. It's funny to think that she got thrown out of a convent school for blowing up the chemistry lab.

Topic: Carnegie Hall Harmonica Clip
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:39:35 AM
I loved the harmonica since I was very young and heard Bruce Channel do "Hey Baby."

http://youtu.be/zPFxKBakUNw

Topic: Belle Starr (1848)
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:33:16 PM
Although I had heard of her, I did not know of her colorful past. Gun violence is past and present history.

Topic: To be different from your fellow creatures is always a misfortune.
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2013 10:26:02 AM
timbuys wrote:
I totally disagree with this quote. The Lord made us individually and unique.

Besides think about how boring this world would be if we all thought alike.

So you're saying we are all unique, just like everyone else? Am I the only one who can see the humor in that?

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.