Interests:
Home Page http://islamtomorrow.com/
Statistics
Number of Posts: 137
[0.01% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: if you like poetry, join me
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 3:21:24 PM
that there is differences between the usual or normal poems and the poems of the 17th century which were called mytaphysical poetry.
this term means that a poetry that discuss and explai things that are not usual
something beyond the physical or the real world.

Is it right??
Topic: if you like poetry, join me
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 1:47:21 PM
hi everybody

I hope you are fine

Could you please help me with this definition by Thomas Gray

I could not understand it

Poetry and metaphysical:

poems and metaphysics (say you with your spectacles on)are inconsistent things. A metaphysical poem is a contradition in terms
Topic: (on my first daughter by Ben Jonson)
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:04:45 PM
hi

is Samuel Johnson belong to neo classicism or classicism ?

i have read that he is the last important critic of the neoclassicism, in an age where pre-Romantic ideas are more widely accepted than neoclassicism.
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:37:48 AM
that's fantastic!

and i can add

We understand that it is an elegy. From the first line he is talking about sorrow and suffering. ‘’to each of her parent’’ here he said this to emphasize that both of them felt sorrow for her. He said ’’each’’ because each of them felt sorrow in his or her own way. We know that the sorrow of the mother is not like the sorrow of the father for his daughter or son. We know that suffering is probably can be overcome by the man but it could hardly be overcome by woman. We know already that that woman is more emotional than the man. We have to know also that the feeling of the father can never be as much as the feeling of the mother for the son or daughter. Because the feeling of the mother started before the father. She has born this baby nine months in her body in her soul. She has shared him or her everything , her food her life ,and many things. He or she has developed in his or her mother. The woman is always with her child it is not a man. Even when the child dies in her body , she suffers. So I want to say that the mother suffers more than the father and we will see that later. Then he is in fact using grammatical structure to indicate the psychological structure or position. And so we have two structures that work together in the same time to indicate the suffering , the psychological and the biological fracture.

but where is the argument in the poem?

i could not find it
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:08:27 AM
so you think we have to apply only the characteristics of neo-classicism ?
Here lies, to each her parents’ ruth,
dose (lies)mean life?

if yes then we can say that
, he says ‘’ here life ………………………..’’. that is a call to his daughter Mary. we see the arrangement for words . here, when he says ‘’ here life ‘’there is in here life , we saw the place here and the reply shows the state or the position .and when he says ‘’here life ‘’ we understand that he is talking about somebody who is in fact dead.
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:01:59 AM
you are right

and we can say
that kind of suffering is violent by realism and the suffering of cry. It is violent by the fact of that suffering can be a kind of a positive value.

Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:11:01 AM
join meDrool
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:10:02 AM
On My First Daughter
BY: BEN JONSON
Here lies, to each her parents’ ruth,
Mary, the daughter of her youth;
Yet all heaven’s gifts being heaven’s due,
It makes the father less to rue.
At six months’ end she parted hence
With safety of her innocence;
Whose soul heaven’s queen, whose name she bears,
In comfort of her mother’s tears,
Hath placed amongst her virgin-train:
Where, while that severed doth remain,
This grave partakes the fleshly birth;
Which cover lightly, gentle earth!

Principles of poetry according to New Classicism :
Like Dr. JONSON and the people who lived until the 18th century.
1- it is the age of rationalism. Reasoning about everything.
2- The words which are chosen should balance each other.
3- There must be an argument.
4- There must be some kind of symmetry in the structure of the poem.
5- When we think about anything, it must be controlled. Our feelings are controlled by our reason. Our pain should be control by patience. Everything in us should be control by religion. There is no excess of emotion or feelings because there is always balance in everything

classicism

a. Poetry is an imitation of nature. It imitates a thought or a passion that can be imitated just like when a poet concretizes a certain idea a poem.
2. poetry should give the genuine not particular. The poet tells us through reason what would happen to any one of us . in fact Classicists address the reason of the people rationalizing their poetry in order to make their literature and their poetry understandable to every body and more effective.
3. So, This leads us to the third principle which is " universality of their subject". The classicist used reason in imitation nature, maintaining balance in their works in order to make it appealing to Man every where not only to Greeks or Romans.
4. The poet's object is not to tell what actually happen but what would happen which is either probably or imitable.
5. the act of creation according to the classicists is born out of inspiration. Poets are talented by nature ," but they should improve this inborn talent by reading a lot to great poets in order to produce sublime poetry." Classicists poets show that inspiration is unconscious act by calling the muses to sing through them great subjects.
6. the function of poetry is to teach , to moralize , carries the message of the poet to the people.
7. poetry also delights in order to make learning the moral lesson agreeable to the people.
8. the medium of poetry is language , that is poetic language. It means that the poet should show wise choice of diction , elegance in creating harmonious lines of verse, also depth of thoughts , suitable figure of speech that all work together in balance to carry the poet's message
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:28:23 PM
hi everybody

I have to prove whether (on my first daughter by Ben Jonson) belongs to classism or neo-classism ? namely i have to apply the theory

Could you please just tell me the steps that I have to follow ?

or any useful book?

thanks a lot
Topic: Frankenstein by Shelley
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:23:44 PM
many thanks

could you please check these lines (i mean the structure)

The origins of the novel:
There two opinion about writing Frankenstein

1- It was just a competition between Mary and her friends to write a ghost story. After that she had a nightmare from which she inspired the story.

2- The other opinion is that her husband’s friend Dr. James Lind experimented with animal electricity, in which he animated dead frogs by applying electrical currents to the muscles. Then Mary Shelley decided to invent Frankenstein who can create the creature.

i'm waiting for your help

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.