Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Help please with Hebrew signature
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:23:27 PM
Applause Thank you for all the work and time you have spent on this for me. I now have a lot more to work on than I ever thought I would have. I'm sure you will be pleased to know I don't have any more documents in Hebrew!
Ray
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:39:51 PM
Thank you again for your time spent reading the documents and for replying in such detail. You are of course spot on with the fathers names, Isaac and Joseph and the bride and groom's names.
I have scanned the last 2 inches of the certificate and to me it looks a reasonable size, but maybe I have more access to the image on snapfish than you as a visitor. I think you are right that it is probably not the best way to view an image.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=1502675011/PictureID=56772415011/a=1969850011_1969850011/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:00:18 PM
First I must apologise for the time it has taken me to get back to you. I have just had reply to a message I left on a web site in Atlanta GA 8 years ago! and have been put in touch with my 4 missing cousins.
To the best of my knowledge all my ancestors were Jewish, the names would tend to indicate this, Abraham, Isaac, Eve, Max, Hyman and a few synagogue weddings have been traced.
I have scanned the Synagogue marriage certificate for my Grandfather and Grandmother. I hope it is clear enough for you , if not I'll scan it again in 2 parts.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=1502675011/PictureID=55510392011/a=1969850011_1969850011/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/

I have just added the reverse side of the certificate to the same album. You might find it useful.

Ray
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:09:23 PM
Well, what can I say? Applause Thank you hardly seems enough for the time and trouble that you must have put into this. It had not occourred to me that original name was probably Russian (sounding) perhaps written in Cyrillic, Eve/Eva then writing it in Hebrew and then you trying to read and convert it into English. I'm suprised that Eva wrote her name in Hebrew after being in England for about 25 years.
Would you like another challenge? This one is the marriage certificate of Eva's son Abraham to Sadie Aitken at Synagogue Chanbers, Oxford Street, Glasgow, Scotland in 1919.
For the sake of decency I should mention Abraham was the son from Eva's first marriage not the one in 1920!
If you'd like to have a go at it I'll do another scan. It is really just the handwritten parts that may give me some name clues.

Thanks again for your help.
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 4:39:26 PM
Well I can see it has not worked. The preview looked like you said it would but on posting nothing is showing. I'm not sure if this will work but here is the URL anyway.

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/slideshow/AlbumID=1465886011/PictureID=53752805011/a=1969850011_1969850011/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfishuk/
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 4:33:02 PM
Thanks for your offer to help. I took your advice and scanned (300dpi) and uploaded to Snapfish. I'm hoping this works, if it doesn't I can email it directly to you if you wish.
Thanks, Ray

Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:06:59 AM
Can anyone help please?
My GtGrandparents (already married) came from Russia in the late 1890's to England giving their surname as Robinson (not very Russian!). I have traced my GtGrandmothers 2nd marriage certificate where she has signed her name in Hebrew.Brick wall
If I scan this can anyone help by translating it for me please?
I have of course translated the name Eva Robinson into Hebrew in various online translators but they don't look like her signature on the certificate. I am hoping her signature will show the orignal family name.

Thank you
Ray Robinson

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.