Interests: music
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 49
[0.01% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: books on your head.
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 1:10:50 AM
This post reminded me of the show 'Arthur' because I remember when Francine wanted to have larger lungs so that she could project her voice more when she sang, she stacked books on her chest and had breathing exercises.

So do you think that the books help posture as well as strengthen the lungs?
Topic: Good Advice
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:43:47 PM
hahaha ooo my goodness, I love all of these advice. I've heard early_apex's before, but it still always makes me laugh whenever I read it again. Fred you crack me up too. I'll keep these near and dear to my heart.
Topic: Favourite Flirts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 8:18:25 PM
O I'm so sorry, here's another one that I remembered when I was reading other people's:

- How come I know hundreds of digits for pi, but I don't know the ten digits to your number?

I love everyone's pick up lines. I'll try them one day but with a guy ;]
Topic: Favourite Flirts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 8:14:24 PM
OOO I LOVE PICK UP LINES!

here are my favorites:

- toss a sugar packet on a girl's table and say : "hey you dropped your nametag... sugar"
- you are sin^2 and I am cos^2 and together we are one
- I wish I were a derivative so I could lie tangent on your curve
- If you were a computer, I would turn you on
- Love is a sensation, caused by a temptation, to feel penetration. A guy sticks his location in a girl's destination, to increase the population for the next generation, did you get my explanation, or do you need a demonstration?

hahaha I really love pick up lines, they make me laugh so hard.
Topic: Good Advice
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 7:32:11 PM
I was wondering about what good life advice people have inside them or what advice you've heard from other people. I know there can't be really one amazing advice in your life and there are so many. But yea, what's the best advice(s) have you heard before?

For me, there was an orthotics/prosthetics physician that I talked to and he told me that in whatever profession we are in, we are always investigators. If we are in healthcare, we have these barriers from allowing us to find out the problem, and we have to look at signs or look for clues to tell us what the problem is. As a chef or a baker, you investigate what the patron wants, what type of food is good for the people, what type of people you are serving. If you really think about it, everything that you do, you do for a purpose, and to get to that purpose, you have to investigate to find out what it is. This to me, was really good advice for my future. So please, share some of your wisdom :]
Topic: Correct my English
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 6:11:06 AM
hahaha, of course Ben, and welcome to TFD. I'll rewrite your letter, and the things in brackets will be the changes that I have made.

Hi,
[Could] someone [please correct me]? I would like to improve my English writing for my business and myself.

"As [many] primary schools have learnt [from third year] French, we run French clubs [that range] from Reception to Y3 with well developed courses adapted [for] these ages. Furthermore, all teachers are native speakers, and speak proper English ([with] good communication [among the] staff and students) [as well as much] experiencing managing a classroom.

[Many] parents [have appreciated their child] learning this language [at an early age]. We [will] offer you this service without any cost [to] the school."

The second part of this was kind of confusing. I'm not so sure if I have it right, but I hope so. but your English isn't that bad at all ben59, it reminds me of my dad's ish. It may be a bit fuzzy, but it's understandable. You're doing a great job at it!
Topic: The Ultimate Origin?
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:44:29 AM
TB's post does have a bit of redundancy to it, but it sounds good :] at least to my ears it does.

I've always wondered about that too. About whether or not the question is a question or not and whether or not it should have a question mark. I'm sorry I couldn't assist you with that.
Topic: simple question about evil
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:34:43 AM
To coldhearted and rockinmom : I wanted to say that bugdoctor is voicing his opinion on the word evil, and this is a forum on words. I don't think you guys should keep on teasing him when you can obviously see his frustration. He's already said that he wishes you the best of luck in finding meaning in your words. It's mean you guys. Maybe his frustration led you to become a bit angry, but why carry out the anger if it doesn't do anyone any good? You guys have really good insights, coldhearted has good questions and rockinmom has really good views on what evil is, please don't ruin this topic because of a difference in ideas. This is a forum that allows people to talk about words :]

To bugdoctor : I agree with what you say about evil. And it's irritating to have people not agree with you or listen to you, but I've always said, "listen and give advice, and it all depends on whether the other person listens or not. Otherwise it is a message wasted". You give good advice, and my advice is not to tempt coldhearted and rockinmom to be mad at you. I really enjoy reading your opinion on things (even though it has a bit of a tone) because it has a lot of reason behind it. haha, so I guess it's your decision to listen to or ignore my advice, or maybe fix it up a bit if you feel like it ;]
Topic: Inflammable and Flammable
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:04:40 AM
bogdanno wrote:
thanh n wrote:
A friend of mine poised a really really good question the other day, and I thought I'd share it.

I actually think it's a bad question. Unless you are firefighter, how many times per year a person uses the word flammable or inflammable?

Aw, I thought it was a good question. Not because of the use of the word, but because it's a fun play in words. What you'd think is the complete opposite of something is really the opposite of what you think. I thought it was pretty cool :]
Topic: Do you have a 'narrative point of view' preference in the novels you read?
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:42:55 AM
peterhewett wrote:

Thanh's point about the character changing is part of the development process isn't it? Eventually the character settles, and the reader can guess the characters reaction to event/s. The writer has to be true to the character he has developed, otherwise the reader will spot this. I love developing characters, and I get to 'know' each one intimately.

Ohh, no, I was referring to when they switch characters. Not when the character changed, because that is always so great to see the character develop.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.