Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11,109
[1.24% of all post / 3.39 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 8:28:16 PM
The Blocking of Supply down here is tantamount to calling a re-election or the dissolution of both Upper and Lower Houses of Parliament.

So the ransoming of funds or linking it with another issue would backfire, they would all be out of a job, sometimes that can be a good thing, rub it all out and start again.

Fyfardens, with your %, how many eligible voters chose not to?

We have compulsory voting down here, so really do get what we vote for.

Topic: What do you call this beverage?
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:31:05 PM
The only compotes I have been offered were served in a stemmed glass bowl similar to an over sized champagne glass and consisted of mixed fresh fruits or fruit salad.

For breakfast instead of a heavier bacon & eggs dish or after a meal with whipped cream.
Topic: What do you call this beverage?
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:01:49 PM
Cordial down here is usually the concentrated fruit juice mixed with water, soda water etc in proportions of say 6 to 1.

Anything labeled as 'drink' is not pure fruit where 'juice' must be predominated fruit juice.
Topic: Bishop George Pell
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:30:34 PM
Once an Aussie, always an Aussie Rom.

Who do you barrack (root ha ha) for in the Test?
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:59:34 PM
George Pell is probably the most hated man in Australia, and he is a Cardinal, so what does that say about the catholic church?

Rom, I do hope you searched Tim Minchens song "Come home Cardinal Pell", you being an Aussie you know of our inherent irreverence to people of influence, Tim's song said it the way it is.

We have a saying down here "It doesnt pass the Pub test" and George Pell's evidence before the Commission the first time, failed miserably.

Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:59:34 PM
George Pell is probably the most hated man in Australia, and he is a Cardinal, so what does that say about the catholic church?

Rom, I do hope you searched Tim Minchens song "Come home Cardinal Pell", you being an Aussie you know of our inherent irreverence to people of influence, Tim's song said it the way it is.

We have a saying down here "It doesnt pass the Pub test" and George Pell's evidence before the Commission the first time, failed miserably.

Topic: Alaska returns to Russia
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:30:03 AM
Cant Sarah Palin see Russia from her kitchen window????

And that lady is armed, ha ha.
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:25:40 AM
If anyone has had time to read the recommendations of the Royal Commissioner, who I believe is a very stalwart person with courage to stand behind is decisions are;

The responsibility of priests to refer to the authorities, confessions of pedophiles, this goes against the Catholic Church's sanctity of the confessional box.

"You are absolved my son, say ?? hail Mary's"

No,..... if a teacher sees the injuries of child abuse they must report it to authorities

If doctors see possible injuries of child abuse they must, by law report it to authorities,

And the curly one is if an attorney knows a paedophie is guilty, do they have to report it to authorities???

Any and all churches, not just the Catholic Church is above the Laws of Australia.
Topic: You know our warm and cuddly Koalas?
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:10:35 AM
NO Almo, I think its hormones,as it always is.
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:11:05 PM
The song Tim Minchen sings is on YouTube, called 'Come home Cardinal Pell'

I do apologise I have not been able to bring up the site.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/final-report

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.