User Name: littlemissgiggles
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate.
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:53:00 PM
Yes, we learn better when we figure things out ourselves (contemplating things) then just "learning" out of a text book or hearing things that we are supposed to believe. Contemplating results in true learning.

Oh and Rene Descartes needs to contemplate a new hairstyle...he's freaking me out Anxious
Topic: It does not matter much whom we live with in this world, but it matters a great deal whom we dream of.
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:45:11 AM
every day people matter and bring blessing into our life if we will let them.
Topic: One Month To Live
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:14:10 PM
Tman wrote:
"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it, I say! Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows." --- Pope Paul VI

exactly....
Topic: mnemotechnic
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 12:36:47 PM
This is a little jingle I learned when I was younger! FUN STUFF!

A sentance,sentance,senatance is complete complete complete when 5 simple words it meets meets meets. It has a subject subject subject and a verb verb verb it makes sense sense sense with every word word word. add a capital letter letter,and end mark mark.Now are sentence has all its parts! REMEMBER Subject(clap),verb(clap),com-plete sense(clap,clap,clap) Capital letter, and end mark too.Our sentence is complete, And now we're through!
Topic: Language is wine upon the lips.
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:22:43 AM
now that's funny.
Topic: Bore: A person who talks when you wish him to listen.
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:16:09 AM
I don't know anything about that at all... *sarcasm*
Topic: static character
Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:18:31 PM
I was reading about the differant areas of a story that a writer uses. It defined different character analysas. I just could not understand static character....By the way, thank you everyone for these answers...
Topic: static character
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:57:06 PM
What is a static character in a story? I know static means having no motion when I look it up...so does that mean a static character is a charcter that has no value in the story at all? Why would someone write a story about a character that does nothing in a story? That makes no sense! I do not think I am understanding this right.
Topic: Blowing Out Of
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:49:19 PM
It may be almost symbolic of the passing of time. If you blow out candles on a cake you are a year older. The phrase may mean long drawn out time...the usual every day,day after day after day, and before you know it... time has moved on.
Topic: One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:26:18 PM
For females it is love....For males it is respect....Those two together make a great combo Applause

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.