Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,044
[0.12% of all post / 0.34 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: I am NOT a bastard
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 6:37:43 AM
Personally I rely on a series of hilltop beacons…

This is them in action that time someone corrected me on an errant comma.

Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 9:50:31 AM
Hope123 wrote:
... Last night the TFD name was at the bottom of the thread...

I saw that. It was very exciting, like catching a glimpse of Santa.

Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 9:48:36 AM
I wasn’t advocating giving up on humanity!

I was simply pointing out that a handful of people being baited by an entrenched bigot in a tiny corner of the internet is nothing in the grand scale of things. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Speak to the hand

As you say, it’s tiny minorities; ‘normal’ people aren’t stupid and are able to weigh things for themselves, even foreign speakers. I’m willing to bet TheParser naturally moderates himself in the real world; snarky antagonistic people in the real world simply get ignored. If TheParser acted in his local library as he does here, his imaginary followers would get up and walk out. Society would not crumble as a result.

BTW. I should make it clear I was not stating that anyone is literally an excretory opening at the end of the alimentary canal… there is no need for another thread to clear that up.

Topic: jesus'
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 7:55:22 AM
pedro wrote:
ps:has keepyy deserted us? Then we are probably doomed

Well, that'll never do. I'll take up the slack until the parousia of keeppy

What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Here's a clip of Megan Phelps -- formerly of the Westboro Baptist Church -- explaining the logic within Romans 9

Damn! She hot. Eh?

Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 7:38:58 AM
GO Pres. TRUMP!!

Oops, got caught in the moment. What I mean to say is, I agree with Absinthius; this site is a joke. I’m checking in less and less often and only in the same way as one picks at a scab. I regretted my post above almost immediately, the fact is I don’t really care. If arseholes like TheParser weren’t sat stewing over their laptops, they’d be out roaming our public spaces. Maybe Farlex are cleverly working for the greater good. Shhh

Most forums suffer sooner or later from a descent to the lowest common denominator. In the real world people are, on the whole, awesome. Get out and celebrate. Dancing

Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 11:31:34 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
I missed Peter - before my time.
However I remember his later reincarnations as Percy and ithink.

I quite enjoyed reading his stuff - but mainly because it was obvious that he simply enjoyed arguing. His arguments were (though sometimes rather spurious) often clever.
I think he even argued both sides of the same subject in different threads sometimes - just for the sake of disagreeing with someone.

Over the years I received several private messages from Peter… I can assure you he was deadly serious in his beliefs, and full of indignant rage at being challenged on them. I’m certain any simultaneous arguing of two sides that you may have witnessed was due to incompetence in the fields of logic and reason rather than mischievous sport.

And, very much like TheParser, his spiral into antisocial behaviour stemmed from the inability to balance the freedom to vocalise entrenched beliefs and opinions in a public setting with the responsibility of defending said beliefs and opinions – or even moderating oneself to a level appropriate to the setting. God knows there are plenty of outlets, particularly on the internet, where the perpetuation of racial stereotyping is tolerated, or even welcomed. Thankfully this site isn’t, yet, one of them.

Some people seem to think that the ability to state an opinion automatically grants it some level of validity, and TheParser has added a whole new level. Signs of a deeper issue other than some politically incorrect old fart with nothing better to do with his time include:

1. Missives addressed to the US President (who, by all accounts, doesn’t read government security briefings, let alone TFD)

2. Directing comments at forum members via fictional third parties that only exist in TheParsers own mind

3. Referring to ‘certain’ forum members as if he were a character in a children’s book discussing Lord Voldemort or Sauron

a. Writing in lists instead of engaging in open dialogue.

At best he’s pulling off an elaborate joke at the forum’s expense. At worse he’s mentally unwell. Either way, nothing anyone says is going to make him stop, it’ll only make it worse.

Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:01:58 AM
I’m not an expert on mental health – and, unlike TheParser, I don’t have a psychiatrist neighbour (fictional or otherwise) who is prepared to make a third party diagnosis via internet forum comments – but it seems fairly clear his behaviour is not normal or healthy.

Would it not be more humane to simply leave him to it?

He’s created a fantasy where his fears and prejudices are challenged not on their merit (or lack of) but rather because of some personal vendetta against his righteousness by monstrous foes and dark forces. He’s set himself up as the champion of a beleaguered (and conveniently silent) forum majority, too afraid to stand up and be counted. Indeed, his valiant crusade has extended far beyond this physical realm to include imagined people in imagined libraries and at the end of imagined phone calls.

Trying to reason with him will only reinforce his delusions… and this coming from me, a man who has spent too many hours trying to explain reality to peterhewett in his many guises. d'oh!

The other scenario, which I don’t think should be dismissed, is that TheParser is yanking your collective chains.

Either way, mental fragility or genius satire, continuing to ‘bite’ only serves to make this site even more ridiculous than it has already become...

On which point, I think it’s safe to assume there is no Admin on this site; considering keeppy is 22 pages into their nonsensical spamming, and Calcifer Y is 23 pages into their uninterrupted postings with barely any interest from the wider membership, and TheParser’s ‘Tidbits of the day’ and ‘Political opinions of the day’ amount to little more than trolling yet still dominate the atmosphere of the entire site.

Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:09:50 AM
Some Americans have so much time on their hands that they have nothing to do but sit around and think of ways to be offended. Eh?

Topic: Conversational Terrorism: not quite politics but...
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:11:43 PM
An interesting and educating read for all fair minded readers.

Topic: Navy Confused As To What Was In Water
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 9:40:59 AM
There's a joke in here somewhere about 'swimming trunks'... but I can't be bothered to put all the bits together. Anxious

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.