Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 25
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: share the links of your favourite commercials
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:56:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nojWJ6-XmeQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=9XtuTXTINM0

The resolution's not so great, but this commercial is hilarious!
Topic: Are fantasy books considered literature?
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 3:43:08 PM
In most bookstores there is a separate section for fantasy and science-fiction books, away from the so-called 'Literature' section. Many people seem to reflect this discernment in their minds and consider fantasy books as something other than proper literature. Just as the 'Romance' section has a certain stigma of holding second-rate books, the 'Science-Fiction/Fantasy' section also has its own reputation of carrying inconsequential books. Do you think that fantasy books are less valuable than other literature? Think
Topic: Change Two Letters game
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:06:32 PM
raise >> seize
Topic: Secret Sin Movies
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:26:44 PM
All of the Gremlin movies (with the deceptively cute furry creatures)
The Legend of the Drunken Master starring Jackie Chan

I'm sure there are more blatantly terrible movies that I enjoy, despite their atrociousness, but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Also, no one has pointed out that this thread is paradoxical in that it urges us to reveal our dirty secrets and entirely disregards the motivation behind keeping "secret sin movies" exactly that - a secret. A good idea nonetheless Applause
Topic: I Scream, You Scream...
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:20:25 PM
While I may occasionally be adventurous and try experimental flavors such as green tea or strawberry shortcake, without fail I always return to good ol' chocolate. Plain, beautiful, delightful chocolate! You can never go wrong with it.
Topic: Philias -- Who loves what?
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:15:44 PM
I find it quite amusing that people even feel the need to confess to a questionably unhealthy addiction to books; it goes without saying that most of us on TFD are bookworms.

I am also a news junkie of sorts. Some agree that it is healthy to keep abreast with the latest happenings of the world, but others make the sensible argument that the voluminous negative news should diminish my desire to know about the latest terrorist bombing or reports on more evidence for climate change. Oh well, humans are creatures of habit so I shouldn't even bother controlling my addiction to the news.
Topic: Unsolved mysteries of the world
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 10:03:52 PM
What is the significance/purpose of the Stonehenge?
Why does the Mayan calender end in the year 2012?
Topic: Change Two Letters game
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 9:57:00 PM
strap >> snort
Topic: Fantastic Mr. Fox
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:15:29 PM
wercozy wrote:

A monogamous married fox -- excellent!

Male foxes choose to be monogamous or single their whole lives, never promiscuous. Maybe foxes should be studied for the gene responsible for vasopressin that washes the brain with monogamy instincts and feelings.

I wonder if Wes Anderson will do a movie called, A Tiger in the Woods?

I love your proposal! Applause With all the news coverage his scandal is receiving, I'm sure a movie on the subject would be an instant blockbuster.
Topic: Nobel Prizes
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:09:41 PM
AJC wrote:
guitar53 wrote:
With no disrespect to Mr. President, I fail to see any accomplishment that puts him in the company of Ghandi or MLK.
Maybe he's getting do-bee points for getting the US Gov't to finally admit that greenhouse gases and global warming exist.

When did THAT become official?

While it's true that Congress has not passed the climate bill yet, the US government has shown its support for thwarting carbon emission and working to control global warming. The stimulus package earlier this year included provisions for clean energy and the US has been playing an active role in the Copenhagen meeting. Yes, the US government and people have MUCH MORE to do, but Obama can rightly take credit for the USA's move towards a greener future (I hate using that phrase but there it is Sick )

I do however believe that President Obama's Noble prize is very much premature, but I am also happy that he received it graciously and admitted his own hesitance with the award Applause . Also, I think the award has more to do with his plans for the Middle East rather than his efforts to control climate change.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.