Profile: Jazzy
About
User Name: Jazzy
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 130
[0.01% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Kindly explain me the meanings of "going around in the circles" please ?
Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:48:52 PM
http://twanzphobic.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/snake-eats-tail.jpg?w=640

Try an internet search for images of "snake eating its own tail"!
Topic: Seems We Need a Laugh
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:28:06 PM
Try this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVu1zGTs_ro&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Topic: The Difference Between Dogs and Cats
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:39:37 AM

How to wash a cat:

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a ‘power-wash and rinse’.
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.
8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,
The Dog
Topic: Serendipity
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:21:43 PM
Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Mary Stevenson, 1936
Footprints
Also Known As "I Had a Dream"

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

"Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

Margaret Fishback Powers, 1964
Footprints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Carolyn Carty, 1963

Topic: until further progress
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:39:00 AM
I think the comma should be a semicolon, but it's okay other than that!
Topic: Meaning of "rock" as in "I'm so happy..Life rocks!!"
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2011 12:17:38 AM
Here's what the Urban Dictionary says: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=you+rock
Topic: Censored Huck Finn
Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2011 3:40:38 PM
I believe Samuel Clemmens is rolling in his grave! He was, after all, an avid abolitionist and increduously against censorship! One thing to notice (and hopefully learn from) is that each character who uses the 'n' word is depicted as low, debase, and unworthy of the true "friendship" that Huck and Jim find. I hate that it is banned, and now I hate that it is censored!
Topic: 2011 New Year Resolutions!!!
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:27:07 AM
The only New Year's resolution I was ever able to keep was "NO MORE NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS!" Applause LOL!
Topic: Past
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:32:49 PM
Keeping verbs in present tense also aids in keeping things in active voice (as opposed to passive voice)construction. Example: "The scientist performs the experiment" as opposed to "The experiment was performed by the scientist."
Topic: which is correct?
Posted: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:21:04 PM
I remember it by associating the "E" sound of result and effect. One can affect an effect.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.