[0.02% of all post / 0.06 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018 12:50:23 PM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
Hey!
Welcome back Margarit!

Totally on-topic!
I think that is a point which has been mentioned, but - like the elephant in the room - is a bit unconfrontable.

At least since the First World War, with the same financiers backing arms deals to both sides and Income Tax being "made legal" by changing the Constitution it has been the same.

The US thrives, and can only survive, by waging war and dealing in arms - the whole of industry is geared towards that.
The "Big Families" make a huge profit from war industries, and from oil and the use of oil to give excuses to make war.

You can (with some effort) track back - the obvious "up front" arms dealers:
Lockheed-Martin, BAE, Boeing, Northrop-Grumman and so on, in USA, Europe and around the world
- back to the "investment groups" which own most of the shares
- back to the 'unheard of' unpublicised companies which run the investment groups
- back to the private investment brokers who invest in those companies
- back to the families which provide the finance used by those investment brokers
- back to the twenty or thirty people who make 90% of the profits from all arms-deals worldwide.

The same names appear again and again - strangely enough, the same names which are on similar traces done on drug trafficking, starting with Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Roche, Novartis, Merck and GlaxoSmithKlyne.

Some are well-known, some not - Rothschild, Koch, Cox, al-Saud, Mars, the Waltons . . .

All the 'posturing' and 'facing off' is designed to keep the arms-manufacturers in business with expanding numbers of orders.

Thanks DragOn.

.and the beauty is of those ridiculous and stupid shows they run in Capitol Hill/White House in Washington. Cheap shows and very regretful.

Government shutdown. Comey testimony. Mueller special investigator. Russian collusion. Jeff Session recuse. Trump's firing/hiring. Just to mention a few. Unfortunately there are many naive people in the US that pay $70 TV cable a month just to watch CNN, CNBC, FOX, CBS and believe that b******t. That is distraction of the public from the real problems Americans have. One thing is for sure. Trump is dragging his feet just like Obama, Bush, Clinton and Co. until to the next big lie.

STRENGTH IS BUILT FROM ONES FAILURES NOT FROM ONES SUCCESSES –COCO CHANEL
Topic: Could It Really Happen That Way?
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:48:29 AM
Hope123 wrote:
Two Toronto Star articles this morning...

A technical failure almost started a nuclear war back in 1983 because of the atmosphere of distrust between the leaders of Russia and the US. They say it could happen again and the recent Hawaii error should be a wake up call for the US to stop all the recent rhetoric with North Korea and Iran. I have not heard if they upping their nuclear power as Trump wants.

I remember the airplane incident and loss of life but I didn't realize till I read the following article that Reagan and Moscow nearly had a nuclear war in 1983 because of blunders on both sides and Reagan missing a point at a daily briefing. Or forgetting it.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/analysis/2018/01/14/hawaii-false-alarm-shows-just-how-close-the-line-is-between-mishap-and-nuclear-war.html

"William Perry, a defence secretary under president Bill Clinton, called the false alarm in Hawaii a reminder that “the risk of accidental nuclear war is not hypothetical — accidents have happened in the past, and humans will err again.
Reagan concluded the same, writing in his memoirs: “The KAL incident demonstrated how close the world had come to the nuclear precipice and how much we needed nuclear arms control.”
Mikhail Gorbachev, who soon after took over the Soviet Union, had the same response, later telling the journalist David Hoffman, “A war could start not because of a political decision, but just because of some technical failure.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/01/14/false-alarm-in-hawaii-reveals-an-abdication-of-leadership-by-trump.html

Gorbachev and Reagan reduced their country’s stockpiles and repeatedly sought, though never quite reached, an agreement to banish nuclear weapons from the world.

How could we ever get rid of nukes when countries don't trust each other to begin with? Is it a good idea for the US to get more nukes as Trump wants to do?

Back to the topic.

Hawaii mishap was not an error. It was well calculated and it did not happen out in the blue. There has been months of sharp rhetoric between NK and US. In case any of the two countries should use a nuclear missile, both of them will have to take permission which will never get it. If US will ever use it, it will have to knock on SK and Japan's doors. This is first.

Second. Even a conventional war would result in a tremendous devastation on both sides without being able to claim victory. China and Russia keeps supplying NK and use it as a deterrent to avoid US being at their doorstep. Third. US on the other side DOES NOT really want a war with NK. Time is the best proof for that. If they really wanted, why did they wait until now????? Because they want to keep the military presence in the north-west Pacific and to keep selling armaments to SK and Japan.

The solution for the Korean Peninsula is deescalation of the military use of force which consequently will open the way of bilateral talks between North and South.

The US CAN NOT live without WAR INDUSTRY. $556 BILLION a year. You can do the math yourself. Am I within the topic?

Topic: Facebook Agrees To Buy WhatsApp For $19bn
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 11:48:34 AM
linkinpa wrote:
Facebook to buy WhatsApp for $19 billion

The balance of power in the mobile messaging space is about to shift in a big way -- Facebook has just announced plans to acquire WhatsApp for the equivalent of $19 billion in cash and stock. The deal will see WhatsApp run semi-independently, much like Instagram. The chat service will maintain its brand and existing offices, but it will take advantage of Facebook's "expertise, resources and scale." It's safe to say that the combined entity will have a lot of clout should the deal close later this year. WhatsApp already has over 450 million active users every month; combine that with Facebook Messenger and competitors like Line suddenly appear tiny by comparison.

And adding 1 mllion users daily. They will keep it ads free (GREAT) and free as it is for first year and after that one dollar a year. For Android operating system it will be free of charge. Source: Yahoo Finance 02/20/2014

Topic: cool site ...
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 7:39:25 AM
I like this one. Is this jump so high for real? Great site Christine.

Topic: mile or kilometre?
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:58:19 AM
excaelis wrote:
[quote=thar]Northern Ireland uses mph, being in the UK. The Republic of Ireland changed from mph to kph in 2005, so now all the limits have changed on the same roads. Of course, if they wanted to be really European they would change the side you drive on as well. That would make the border a bit more fun :-

I heard that was the plan. Apparently it was to be a gradual phase-in starting with cars and bikes and then, if that went well after a year, trucks and buses.

Excaelis. This plan would be FUN too. Ain't it?

Topic: Ignorance
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 6:21:05 PM
Back to the OP.

The problem is/was not only with the box office operator but also with computer's programer geographical knowledges.

Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 6:10:08 PM
almostfreebird wrote:
Litvinenko wrote:
I am lolling, very funny!

Expecting afb with his/her video, kelly pickler, maybe..

I rerealize that people can not tell whether one is man or woman on the forum,
especially when name is neutral.

Why would they tell? Relevance stays in logic and argument. The forum's default does not distinguish between males and females.Applause

Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:23:41 PM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Ten years ago, box office in Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manhattan, New York:

"What is your nationality? We are gathering this information for statistical purposes."
"Finnish" I said.
"What's the name of your country?"
"Finland"
"Finland...? (He looked at the computer for the options) Where is it?"
"In Scandinavia."
"Are there any other countries in the neighbourhood?"
"Sweden, Norway, Russia, Estonia..."
"Oh. We don't have Finland here. Can I put Sweden?"
"No."
"Perhaps Russia, then?"
"Definitely not."
"Ok, I'll put you as English."

My wife still laughs at this episode.

If you ask him today he might still not know where Finland is but he knonws for sure that Iraq and Afghanistan are democratic countries.Applause

Topic: Homemade bread?
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:35:51 AM
Daveski wrote:
I have often wondered if I could manufacture a machine that could turn household waste paper into crisp new £50 notes. Technically this would qualify as a homemade bread maker. I have feeling it is illegal unless you are an international banker however.

All governments have one. Not just for the £50 bill. They make the full range of all denominations for people's convenience to cover up wobbllng economies.

Topic: Actors with a distinctive way of speaking
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:04:39 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Margarit Bamllari wrote:

BTW welcome back fred. I haven't seen ( heard) you around for a while or probably just missed you when you wrote.[/color]

*cough, cough*
Fred's comments are from year 2009 ;-)

Afb just revived an old thread once again.

Oh oh J.J. You got me good with this one. I didn't pay enough attention to fred's post date. That's why I was surprised with his/her comeback. Might still be watching us like the god from above but being silent. If he/she ever come back I would like him/her to bring along the eleventh commandment.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.