User Name: Richard
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 381
[0.04% of all post / 0.11 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: It is a hopeless endeavor to attract people to a theater unless they can be first brought to believe that they will never get...
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:08:10 AM
Romany wrote:
Yeah: because he couldn't indicate how he spelled it just by saying it!

Just as, when an American says something, we Brits. are always quite, quite, sure that they are spelling it our way.Dancing

I'm sure Mr. Dickens indicated how he spelled it by spelling it t-h-e-a-t-r-e, just as all Brits (such as your highly perceptive self) spell it.
Topic: It is a hopeless endeavor to attract people to a theater unless they can be first brought to believe that they will never get...
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 3:03:05 PM
I notice that the spelling of the word theater in this quotation is distinctly American.
Topic: It is a hopeless endeavor to attract people to a theater unless they can be first brought to believe
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 11:29:01 AM
I notice that the spelling of the word theater in this quotation is distinctly American.
Topic: The man who talks everlastingly and promiscuously, who seems to have an exhaustless magazine of sound, crowds so many words...
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:29:53 AM
excaelis wrote:
Hi, kettle...

'Pot', I think.
Topic: You have such strong words at command, that they make the smallest argument seem formidable.
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:25:55 PM
thegr8luiz wrote:
I am tired of this woman and her inane statements, which are quoted here way too often. There are so many far more interesting people who could be featured here.

Don't sweat it; she's dead. She can't hurt you now.
Topic: Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing sooner than war.
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2012 7:59:31 AM
Random1 wrote:
If "war" indicates fighting against obstacles but not against people, I think Homer is right.
You must have a purpose to endeavor, that makes life meaningful.

I think what Homer means by "war" is--um--war.
Topic: Shelton Jackson "Spike" Lee (1957)
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:33:40 AM
Second-rate director and pseudo-intellectual thug.
Topic: Did it ever strike you, on such a morning as this, that drowning would be happiness and peace?
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 7:31:02 AM
Mama said there'd be days like this.
Topic: Who Do You Write Like?
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2011 8:01:34 PM
William Shakespeare. Eateth out thy hearts.
Topic: The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2011 7:25:51 AM
Maggie wrote:
Daemon wrote:
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

Jane Austen (1775-1817)

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who believes such a statement must be intolerant.

Yes, intolerant of the intolerably stupid.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.