Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,367
[0.17% of all post / 0.47 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Shelby Steele Deconstructs "Liberals"
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2017 6:08:29 PM
redgriffin wrote:
Until the Republicans see that Trickle Down Econ is a joke and the Democrats see that not everything can be solved by entitlement alone we will never See A Great America again.

This is the most reasonable statement I have read in a long time.

"When you don't know where you are going, you have to stick together just in case someone gets there." - Ken Kesey
Topic: The President who cried "Wolf!"
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 3:30:03 PM

The Trump and his staff's propensity for telling lies to the public is disturbing because it appears they really believe the lies they tell. It is also disturbing that they make excuses for their lies and use euphemisms to describe a lie. They cannot call a lie by its name. A lie is a lie is a lie. Period.

The Bowling Green Massacre, promises to release income tax records after the audit, alternative-facts, whatever it was that supposedly happened in Sweden last Friday, the number of electoral collage votes, the size of the Inaugural audience, why Flynn was fired, etc. are all examples of the Trump's lies and those of his senior staff. The list is long and disturbing.

The most disturbing thing about this is that their lies cause the public to lose confidence in anything they say. What will happen if their is a real threat or crisis being reported by the White House and nobody believes them? Is this the Trump's idea of national security?

People lie to hide the truth. What is the Trump hiding?

"When you don't know where you are going, you have to stick together just in case someone gets there." - Ken Kesey
Topic: Dear liberls, from a Trump supporter.
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2017 4:23:34 PM
Furthermore....

All citizens are subjected to the actions of government, not just the voters. Therefore, I restate my claim that 15% of the population did not vote for the Trump. Period. A mandate suggests to me that more than half of the population is required to give a mandate. Even 28% of all those registered to vote doesn't make that mark.

The Repuglikkklans have been engaged in voter suppression tactics for many years. Voter ID laws, access to polls, reduced times for early voting to accommodate working class people, gerrymandering voter districts, are some of the methods used. Fortunately, the courts have overturned the worst ones. Tunaafi may have been gone from the US too long to be aware of this.

The Trump did not serve in the military. He had a 2S deferment for attending college and when that ran out, he was reclassified 4F for having bone spurs. 4F classification means that the person is physically unfit for military service. I wonder if he still has those spurs? If so, doesn't that imply he is unfit to be Commander In Chief. In my day, he was called a draft dodger for avoiding service. Maybe he couldn't get into the Air National Guard.

Calling Democrats "sore losers" cracked me like an egg in laughter. The Repuglikkklans refused to give a hearing for over a year to President Obama's nominee to the Supreme Court because they were being good sports about it? That is the pot calling the kettle black.

The Trump is not my President and never will be. I am patiently waiting for Congress to quit holding their noses to avoid his stink and impeach him, if he doesn't kill us all first.

Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 5:04:48 PM
Many of us share your sentiment about the Trump. What must be considered is that the 63 million who voted for him are 15% of the nearly 400 million Americans, which is far, far from a majority, or mandate. Obviously, not all of the population are eligible voters and way too many of those who are eligible do not exercise their right, out of apathy, distrust, ignorance, or inability to participate in the election process. The Republican Party has been engaged in voter suppression efforts for many years, which doesn't help the liberal cause.

The Trump won the election using the same strategy as George W. Bush, with the same result of losing the popular vote, but successfully manipulating the electoral college. Most of us who do vote did not want this man to lead our nation.

As I stated before, our government is a system that allows changes to happen, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the not so good, depending on your frame of reference. We have two years before the next national election. The Republicans need to make all the gains they hope to further their cause before then. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This will be possible unless those in charge change the rules, as they recently have been inclined to do. When the system of change is thrown out, only anarchy remains as a way of political change. I dread to think that that day may come in my lifetime. I gave seven years of my life in military service in hopes that it never comes.

This feeling is what drives my fear of this man and why I choose to exercise my right to freedom of speech against him, while it is still possible to do so.

Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2017 11:24:03 AM
I guess we should all get over the election and give the Trump our respect and support every Tweet he makes. We could do that. We could also go to the beach, dig a hole in the sand and look closely to see if there is anything down there.

We could ignore his narcissistic behavior, constant stream of alternative facts, and complete lack of experience and ability to lead a great nation. We could overlook his crowd of appointed billionaires and white supremacists, double-speaking mouth pieces, and related family who stick close to his coat tails to ensure their business successes.

We could appease him and allow his fascist, nationalist actions and play the wait-and-see game to see how it works out, but then, as you stated, we know how that goes.

We could do lots of things to make his life easier and sit back and idly watch him destroy the democratic principles that our country is built on. That would make the Trump very happy, along with the deplorables, religious fanatics, and ignorant voters who supported him.

I will agree with you that there have been many mistakes made by previous administrations, laws have been passed that aren't in our best interest, and ideas pursued that didn't work out so well. The reason for this is that we have a system of government that allows change to occur. It is not always for the better, but it is because of this system that the Trump wants to dump in the trash and replace with chaos and authoritarian controls, that those changes happened. As long as that system remains intact we have the opportunity to change things for the better without resorting to revolution. This is important. Why isn't it better to learn how the system works and use it to correct the mistakes of the past?

But that requires people to get educated, read beyond their secondary school description of civics, learn how to be a citizen and use the tools our government gives us to affect a change. It is hard work. We have to write letters, attend town meetings, call our representatives, go to the polls to vote, and worst of all, run for public office. It takes more effort than sitting in front of Fox News and watching football games.

The laws of politics are not much different than the laws of physics, with respect to the fact that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For the next four years you should get used to it.

Topic: Kellyanne Conway and the massacre that wasn't and the ban that wasn't.
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 7:22:24 PM

The Guardian reported this dialogue between Chelsea Clinton and the Conway:

"Conway later returned to the topic in response to a tweet from Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea. “Very grateful no one seriously hurt in the Louvre attack … or the (completely fake) Bowling Green Massacre,” Clinton wrote. “Please don’t make up attacks.

“You can’t ‘invent’ quality candidates either,” Conway replied. “I misspoke; you lost the election.”

Does this bitch have to screw her socks on each day? A lie is a lie is a lie is a lie. Period.

Topic: Please - This is a Dictionary Site
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 7:18:06 PM

George Orwell's Big Brother is alive and doing well.

Topic: Donald Trump's closest advisor Steve Bannon thinks there will be war with China in the next few year
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 7:11:38 PM
Steve Bannon is the "HDWIC" of the Trump administration. That stands for Head Deplorable Whats In Charge. His stated purpose in life is to tear down the institutions of our democracy. What's missing is what it is that he proposes to replace them. Anarchy leads to chaos. Democracy seeks the opposite by inviting public participation in a civil discourse that leads to governing in a peaceful manner. It is OK to disagree politically. Bannon doesn't understand this. Like the Trump, he is autocratic and radical thinking.

What they also do not understand that we have a system that allows for peaceful change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. But, it a system that allows for changes, making revolution the only means for social/political change to occur unnecessary. Bannon prefers revolution and intends to throw the baby out with the bath water. My advice is for the deplorables to get an education, learn how democracy works and get involved to change things for the better. If the majority agrees, they may get their way, barring to much incompetent interference from the politicians.

The next election is less than 2 years away and my hope is that the Repluglykkklans (Steve Bannon and his ilk) are sent packing back into the holes they crawled out of to join the Trumpster. In 2020 we have to send the Trumpster to the dumpster along with his bimbo family. Our democracy is at stake if we don't.

Topic: The Wall
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 4:39:27 PM

Even though the Crotch Grabber-In-Chief fashions himself after Ronnie Raygun he fails to remember (supposing he ever knew) what building a wall did for the citizens of Berlin and what was the final result. I can foresee a future American president someday standing in front of the media and declaring, "Tear Trump's wall down!"

So, why bother to build one in the first place? Mexico defies the effort and is emphatic that it will not pay for it and the Trump proposes a tax on Mexico imports, which in effect passes the cost on to American consumers. Another lie by this jerk.

Topic: The Wall
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 2:13:22 PM
I read this today in the San Antonio Express-News and thought it worthy to pass on......

"One day after President Trump signed the order to begin construction on a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, Texas country musician Rich O'Toole was skeptical.

"How in the world could they build a wall between Texas and Mexico(?)" he tweeted Wednesday. "In 15 years they still haven't finished I-35 between Austin and Waco."

For those of you not familiar with Texas geography, that is a distance of approximately 100 miles/160 kilometers.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.