Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,390
[0.16% of all post / 0.41 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Birthday of Kim Il-Sung
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:53:43 PM
In view of the recent announcement about a meeting between the leaders of the US and No. Korea, not knowing where, and thinking about this thread: civilized nations, it came to me that I have a solution for where they should meet.

How about sending them both to the International Space Station? It's a neutral place, not flying any country's flag, with no geographical land base. It's outer space. So, why not meet there?

Then, while they are swapping lies and swatting flies the rest of the crew can slip out into the return vehicle, shutting the door behind them and leave both of those idiots to each other.

Think of the money we would save not having to pay to go back and get them.

"When you don't know where you are going, you have to stick together just in case someone gets there." - Ken Kesey
Topic: DACA youth Stay or Go?
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 6:33:08 PM
FounDit wrote:
[quote=TL Hobs]I have questions for Foundit. What country did your ancestors come from?
I have no idea, nor do I care.

Why did they leave their homeland?

Things get too hot to handle at home?

Do you really think a child (DACA) even knows what the laws are and has a choice in coming here illegally or waiting in line like everyone else?
I don't what they thought as children, but they certainly are aware of the laws now that they have grown into adulthood, and they do have a choice to apply legally, like everyone else.

Your response to my questions explains a lot. You confess to being ignorant and apathetic about your own situation in life and you do not understand the rationale behind DACA; i.e. give those who were brought here by their parents as children an opportunity to legally apply for citizenship.

"When you don't know where you are going, you have to stick together just in case someone gets there." - Ken Kesey
Topic: Birthday of Kim Il-Sung
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 6:21:20 PM
Take a look at Costa Rica. It's about as civilized as it gets. No military, does not interfere with other countries, well educated population, tropical paradise. But, nobody goes there. It's too crowded.

Posted: Friday, April 6, 2018 8:07:29 PM
I have questions for Foundit. What country did your ancestors come from? Why did they leave their homeland? Things get too hot to handle at home? Do you really think a child (DACA) even knows what the laws are and has a choice in coming here illegally or waiting in line like everyone else? Isn't it the Trump who wants to only allow well educated, intelligent, hard working people in lieu of those with family connections?

You seemed confused. Maybe you can sort things out better by contemplating these questions.

Peace, brother.

Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:36:27 PM
I am puzzled by the lack of concern our government leaders have over the fate of these people. Particularly in view of the fact that the basic element of US culture is the "family unit." How does tearing families apart by deportation help preserve the basic element of our society?

Consider that our divorce laws are designed to discourage divorce and to preserve the family. Income taxes favor those who are married and file as a unit, rather than as individuals. Part of the American dream is to grow up, get married, have 2.1 cars and 2.3 kids, buy a house in the suburbs, and become a family unit.

There are many other examples of this and I assume it to be true. So why then does the Trumps of this country believe it should be otherwise? All you have to do is look at his own record of 3 marriages and various extra-marital affairs to see that family values are lost on him. Also puzzling is why the evangelical mouth pieces heap praise on him, yet call families to attend their services and hear the teachings of Christ? Isn't that a double standard?

Does the Trump really believe that building a citizenry of well educated, intelligent and hard working over achievers will improve society? It is more likely that those kind of folks would vote for Democrats.

Topic: Nonsense Poems and Prose
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:06:57 PM
Here is my 2 cents worth.....

The gum chewing boy and the cud chewing cow
are different, yet similar somehow.
Oh, what it is? I see it now!
It's the intelligent look on the face of the cow.

Unknown author.

From the Pop Up Biggest Book...

These Presidential heads in stone
are quite the largest ever known.
Their mouths, noses and eyeses
are 80 times their natural sizes.
If you dig heads, you'll get your quota
way out yonder in South Dakota.

Topic: A prayer for World Peace.
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:49:45 PM
Isn't there a prayer about not criticizing another person until you have "walked a mile in his shoes?" So, maybe the two leaders should trade places for a while. My guess is that neither one would survive.

Just a thought....

Topic: Gerrymandering and how to defeat it
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:44:42 PM
progpen wrote:
As soon as gerrymandering became a political weapon it became a danger to the country. The act of drawing voter districts should never have been allowed anywhere near a politician or political entity. To think that anyone ever thought it a good idea is beyond belief.

You are on the right track. I can speak to this from experience as a Reapportionment/Redistricting Committee member following the 2000 and 2010 census. We were to establish voting districts and number of representatives within our local political area; called a Borough. Think of it as a very large County, equivalent in size to the average US state.

The Committee was made up of citizens at large, one attorney familiar with Gerrymandering law, one techy-geek (me) who combined computer maps with the US Census data. The maps/data were linked to an electronic spread sheet. The committee meetings were open to the public and usually attended by people interested in the impact to their party. The attorney dictated the law to everyone participating and called out any attempt to Gerrymander.

Our first action was to define the goals of redistricting; preserve a sense of community, consider the impact of physical boundaries, maintain district equality within the law (+/- 5%), and encourage public participation.

Secondly, we designed several options for representation to determine reapportionment; how many representatives should there be? Then we designed maps showing how each scenario laid out and looked on the maps. Third, we took the results of all this on a road show to the major population centers for evening hearings with the public to get their input and critique.

Last, the most popular choices were placed on a ballot for the next local election and we let the voters decide which one they wanted. The result: No Gerrymandering.

Footnote: I was amazed at how little interest the public had in participating in this process. Few people showed up at the public hearings, committee meetings, or responded with any criticisms. It seems no one could be bothered until the next election bothered them. Then, they yelled loud and long.

Topic: Space Farce
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2018 9:59:24 PM
If NASA has only enough budget to send half of the Trumps to Mars, then why not send all of the Trumps half way to Mars?

Topic: Donald J.Trump: Tough Guy Extraordinaire!
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 10:11:54 PM
Twitler, aka POTUS, called the deputy at the school a coward. He should know. Bullies are cowards in that they only attack those who are unable or unwilling to fight back. A coward knows another coward when he sees one. I have no idea what happened with the deputy and believe that Twitler doesn't either.

My guess Twitler would pee his pants and hide behind the first person near him, all while crying like a little baby. He would probably use little kids as a shield.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.