User Name: TL Hobs
Forum Rank: Advanced Member
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,397
[0.14% of all post / 0.36 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Trump confirms he is considering attempt to buy Greenland
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 10:32:15 AM

Maybe he would consider trading Alaska for Greenland and do us Alaskans a favor. Greenland could become a state and Alaska could become a free country again.

And Congress thought Seward was a fool!
Topic: Maggot hats???
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 11:52:54 AM
It's not a "maggot" hat, it's a MAGA hat. Only maggots wear them. It stands for Morons Are Governing America.
Topic: One of my favorite words is lox
Posted: Saturday, June 8, 2019 12:24:43 PM
Lox may not be my favorite word, but it is my favorite way to eat salmon. In Alaska, we call it gravlax, assuming it is simply cured, not smoked. We call cured, smoked salmon Nova lox. I have access to 5 species of salmon: Chinook (also called King), Coho (Silver), Sockeye (Red), and Humpies (Pink), and Chum (Dog). For some reason, they all have two names. Most salmon are caught while spawning, but the best are taken in the winter while feasting. At that time, they are storing oil in their bodies to provide the energy needed during the spawn. They do not feed while in fresh water, so must be caught in the ocean.

To make gravlax, I baste the deboned fillet with a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and cognac, then pack in a mixture of brown sugar, salt, cracked peppercorns and chopped, fresh dill weed. Wrap it up in cheese cloth, place in a glass dish and weight it down with another dish and several canned goods. I place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 days, or longer. To eat, I scrape off most of the dry mixture and thinly slice on a bias.

I make my own bagels, too. Usually in the New York style, but sometimes I make a Montreal or San Francisco style bagel. They are all good, as far as I am concerned. I serve them with a schmear of Marscapone, thin slice of tomato, red onion and capers.

Gravlax is also good on pizza, but that is another recipe.
Topic: Roger Stone got arrested.
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2019 11:12:03 AM

MAGA: Morons Are Governing America

Topic: New Executive Order
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 1:56:54 PM
It's what happens when you spell with your gut, rather than your head, or education.

Very cofefe, don't you think?
Topic: Donald and Boris
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:03:56 PM

I keep waiting for the day I hear the Trump say that famous phrase spoken so often by "his people."

"Hey Y'all! Watch this!"
Topic: Treason
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:36:04 PM
Taking sides with an enemy that attacks the US is a very clear act of treason and qualifies under the "high crimes & misdemeanors" criteria for impeachment of an American president. Yet, the GOP led Congress refuses to take responsibility for checks and balances and simply says, "Tsk, tsk. He shouldn't oughta have done that."

Tsk, tsk indeed.
Topic: Birthday of Kim Il-Sung
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:53:43 PM
In view of the recent announcement about a meeting between the leaders of the US and No. Korea, not knowing where, and thinking about this thread: civilized nations, it came to me that I have a solution for where they should meet.

How about sending them both to the International Space Station? It's a neutral place, not flying any country's flag, with no geographical land base. It's outer space. So, why not meet there?

Then, while they are swapping lies and swatting flies the rest of the crew can slip out into the return vehicle, shutting the door behind them and leave both of those idiots to each other.

Think of the money we would save not having to pay to go back and get them.

Topic: DACA youth Stay or Go?
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 6:33:08 PM
FounDit wrote:
[quote=TL Hobs]I have questions for Foundit. What country did your ancestors come from?
I have no idea, nor do I care.

Why did they leave their homeland?

Things get too hot to handle at home?

Do you really think a child (DACA) even knows what the laws are and has a choice in coming here illegally or waiting in line like everyone else?
I don't what they thought as children, but they certainly are aware of the laws now that they have grown into adulthood, and they do have a choice to apply legally, like everyone else.

Your response to my questions explains a lot. You confess to being ignorant and apathetic about your own situation in life and you do not understand the rationale behind DACA; i.e. give those who were brought here by their parents as children an opportunity to legally apply for citizenship.

Topic: Birthday of Kim Il-Sung
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 6:21:20 PM
Take a look at Costa Rica. It's about as civilized as it gets. No military, does not interfere with other countries, well educated population, tropical paradise. But, nobody goes there. It's too crowded.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.