Interests:
Home Page http://TFD.com
Statistics
Number of Posts: 674
[0.07% of all post / 0.19 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Rebels Tighten Hold on Libyan Capital
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:09:52 PM
NATO's mandate was to protect the civilians and manage the no fly zone but it ended up fighting a proxy war for USA and for the Libyan rebels. Seems to me this mission creep is the crudest way to spread democracy.
Topic: Why grammar?
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 9:47:05 PM
How do you think English can be taught to non English speakers without grammatical illustrations of figures of speech,etc?—to harmonize communication between the natives and non-natives; and also among the speakers of different languages.

English teachers can not make a living without teaching grammar.

The more one knows the grammar of a particular language, the more proficient one will get when expressing ones thoughts and actions in that language.
Topic: Ummm, Sorry I was busy participating in a Hot Body Contest ....
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:25:18 PM
The detectives and the Prosecutor involved in this case dropped the ball by dragging their feet from 2008 and rushed to the trial without establishing material evidences against Casey for the death of her daughter. Harsh interrogative techniques,when used on the members of this dysfunctional family by the detectives, would have revealed all the pieces to the puzzle.

In the absence of solid evidences—except Casey is a party girl—a jury can only speculate the verdict and come to a consensus.This, in my opinion,is a travesty of justice backed by shoddy investigation and faulty notions by the Prosecution.
Topic: What are the most suitable synonyms?
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2011 1:48:18 PM
you are not wasting our time; but you sure are hitting us below the waist.
Topic: it's
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2011 1:00:06 PM
Current account plus a linked savings account or Current account with a linked savings account.

"with plus" sounds tautological.
Topic: Nocturnal cramps
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:37:55 AM
I get hit once or twice a month during winter, while asleep.I slap the affected area of the calf muscle and give it a gentle but deep massage for few seconds, and it is gone. I never experienced it when standing up or when awake.Touch wood,It is not chronic enough to seek remedy.
Topic: Need some help!!!
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:37:53 PM
Ersatz,knockoffs,fake
Topic: Syria
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:45:39 PM
Margarit Bamllari wrote: Most of, if not all of those states lack independent institutions and a good constitution.

I opine:
For Muslims in general in the Middle East, the only institution is Mosque and the only constitution is Koran.Other secular institutions and constitutions are anathema and do not comport with their way of life.

we,in the west measure them with our secular scale and conclude that they do not measure up and suggest reform as refrain.Our interventions with our secular ideologies and military mights have only been causing more bloodshed than reform.

Reform for them is "Inchala"(God—Allah—willing)and any attempt by Humans to bring about non-traditional reform precipitously is sacrosanct and test of their faith; and will result in civil strife.

The current uprisings (Arab springs)are just bubbles which will subside in Autumn and it may even repeat itself every year like the seasons. But, It will not sustain itself all weather because they are smart enough to discern the textbook democracy from their real life democracy.
Topic: Please make me understand.
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:00:35 PM
prince:

You can understand your quoted axiom palpably,if you watch what is being played out in Libya
right now by the coalition force.
Topic: A special golden ager
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 1:09:59 PM
The older people "Seniors," as we call them in the US, are generally munificent in their givings, be it's verbal or in kind. It is not a zero sum game when you give up something for Seniors.The benefits have only been mutual even though the demeanor is varied.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.