Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,475
[0.17% of all post / 0.44 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: The Three "B"s?
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:58:46 PM
Bed, Bath, Breakfast

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doin' it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' and not even knowin‘ it." Festus
Topic: Parkinson Disease.
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 8:11:26 PM
Just as RuthP said.
From my experience with my father, the first symptom was "pill rolling" with index finger and thumb.
As the disease progresses, each sufferer responds in a different manner. Some mild mannered people can become violent others can become very depressed.
Several years in, a significant loss of weight may occur from the "added" exercise.
Yes, the function of all medications diminish over time. The doctor is in a constant dose battle.
Later in the disease, falling is a danger. My father refused the wheel chair and fell several times which resulted in a deep bone infection and threatened amputation.
His last 3 years proved beyond the ability of his family to care for him. Luckily, a nursing home specializing Parkinsons was found. (People, get long term health insurance if you can afford it).
The last stage results in the abdomen muscles tightening up so the body bends over. This results in heart attack and or asphyxiation.

"Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? See it could be that he wrote the writin' all wrong. Here I'd be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see? You probably been doin' it your whole life, just a readin' wrong writin' and not even knowin‘ it." Festus
Topic: Bullies
Posted: Thursday, December 3, 2009 9:11:00 AM
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
RRP wrote:
fred wrote:
Secret birthday wish or not, it's more fun to defeat a bully/abuser by doing nothing.

Agreed. What is that saying? To react with violence is to prove that he can defeat you with a single gesture.

I think in some cases, the bullied are in such a condition after being brutally beaten, that they are not in a position to retaliate anyway.

That may be the case for some.
Others do not use retaliation for balance is always in the air. It sings a sweet song.

Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:35:16 PM
RRP wrote:
TB wrote:
It is an American term "To pack heat". It means "Carry a gun". If you were to say "I'm packin" (sp) it means you have a gun on your person. (not a good idea unless you are licensed to carry a concealed weapon)

He could possibly be alluding to his martial arts experience as well. I agree there is a time when it is opon oneself to act with force. It's not as easy to justify when you feel like you are the only target, but it's a whole lot easier to do, esp. if conflicts like that are your secret birthday wish.

Going back to the origin of bullies...A friend of mine and I used to fight these kids every day after grade school classes. It started for no reason at all. Two against up to nine or so guys everyday. When did they fight the hardest? Close to thier home. Said it all right there.

Secret birthday wish or not, it's more fun to defeat a bully/abuser by doing nothing.

Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:33:26 PM
abcxyz wrote:
fred wrote:
Yet another, I was new to school and little did I know one of the bullies liked to make the new kids know what the pecking order was. He was low class with no academic prowess.
I walked by this bully who was talking to an African American girl. Well, he punched me and pushed me to the ground. The girl became his cheerleader- egging him on. I got up and stood in front of him and looked him in the eye. He pushed me to the ground again. I looked around to see if I was going to get any help from anyone. No luck. I was on my own. I again got up and stood in front of him and looked him in the eye. He pushed me down again. This time when I got up and stood in front of him he was shaking like a leaf. He walked away.

Bullies and abusers are cowards.

What kind of look did you give?

You wish.

Topic: squirreled
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:37:47 PM
Shouldn't the word be split between the two "R"s?

One sulble sounds like my buddy up the holler... skwarl! supper's a ready!

Topic: What's For Dinner?
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:33:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GdjmCXjUrg

OK, it's a repost.

Topic: squirreled
Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:47:46 PM
It's easier to hear the two syllables if you hear a New Yorker say it: sqwoy-alled.

Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:43:25 PM
kisholoy mukherjee wrote:
fred wrote:

Yes, but you see bullies are like wolves...they hunt in packs.

Pack yourself.

Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:40:16 PM
Yet another, I was new to school and little did I know one of the bullies liked to make the new kids know what the pecking order was. He was low class with no academic prowess.
I walked by this bully who was talking to an African American girl. Well, he punched me and pushed me to the ground. The girl became his cheerleader- egging him on. I got up and stood in front of him and looked him in the eye. He pushed me to the ground again. I looked around to see if I was going to get any help from anyone. No luck. I was on my own. I again got up and stood in front of him and looked him in the eye. He pushed me down again. This time when I got up and stood in front of him he was shaking like a leaf. He walked away.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.