Topic: una lettera
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:19:22 AM
Ciao Tutti!
Al'universita' devo scrivere una lettera e' sono incerto se e' correggere
Sono confuse con "If you have them" and to make her happy

Grazie!!

Ciao Simone
Come va?
Ho appena parlato con mia nonna e parlava di Sondrio. Ho un idea per un regola per lei.(an idea for a gift for her)
Non ha delle foto della tua Nonna e volgio trovare and anche telaio. (I want to find some and frame them)
Ha perso molte foto quando era giovane con mia Nonna e' spero che possa facarla molto felice perche manca Sondrio.(I hope that I can make her much happier because she misses Sondrio)
Puoi mandarmi in Facebook o email delle foto se...... (if you have them)

Grazie!
Topic: Le frase
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 1:33:27 AM
Ciao Tutti
Sono stato studiano itsliano per due anni. La frase sono guisto?

I hope that you are not angry with me - spero che non mi arrabbi

We went to the beach but the water was very cold - Siamo andati alla spiagga ma l'acqua era molto freddo

May i introduce you to my sister in law - Ti Presento mia cognata

Change your clothes they are dirty - Cambiari i vesiti, sono sporci

grazie!
Simon

Topic: Help with a word
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 10:40:27 AM
Hi All
I am confused about what word to use when a person says something in a caring and understanding tone but doesnt mean it. Would the word be patronising or condescending.

thanks!
Topic: Relative Pronouns and Subjunctive
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:07:24 AM
Ciao tutti
I am studying the above and I am confused about when to use each one
Relative pronouns for example is
The boat she wants to buy is new = la barca che vuole comprare e' nuova
wouldnt the subjunctive be La barca che voglia comprare e' nuova

o
The dog they got never barks il carne che hanno preso non abbaia mai
but would the subjunctive be il carne che abbiano preso non abbaia mai

grazie
Topic: liver transplant
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 2:13:13 AM
just an update on this
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1034797/liver-recipient-claire-murray-dies
Topic: WW2
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:25:31 PM
Just missed this part of the doco.

Eva's sister was dating a jewish dentist, Eva said to her sister "If you continue as you are, I cannot help you, you both will be sent away to a concentration camp. Whether or not Eva knew of the mass killing within the camp is another story
Topic: Documentary on Goering
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:07:02 AM
Hi All
After watching a documentary on cable about an American prison guard during the Nuremburg trials who became sympathetic to Goering and bought him things and in the end bought him a jar of skin cream with a capsule of cynanide in it.
Is this a myth? as it cannot be proven. There are photos of Goering and the guard during the trials. The guards Son denies his father fell into Goering's trap. Goering could speak english and was a very manipulative and deceiving person but the guards son refused to belive that his father could have prevented the allies from bringing Goering to Justice.
There is also a story about a Jewish dr who treated the prisoners awaiting trial at Nurembug who also helped Goering.
My question is after viewing the concentration camp films and listening to testimony, how could an american Lt be easily fooled and of all people a Jewish Dr as well into beliving the 2nd highest Nazi in history? it astounded me after watching the documentary

cheers

Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 7:26:41 AM
Just watched on youtube a small video clip of hitlers secretary and she said the following

"I dont know what Eva knew, we never talked about it, we talked about many things about life but nothing of hitler and what he did or didnt do, Eva was a kind generous person, she loved animals she never wanted to ask hitler much of the war. during the final months of the war Eva tried to make everyone smile"

Hard to believe they didnt know millions of people being murdered but I guess we will never know
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 4:30:15 AM
Hi All
I have always had a keen interest in WW2, recently I helped someone with an assignment but was unable to provide an answer for this question

"Do you think Eva Braun knew about the holocaust and why would she stay with a man who was so evil"

what do you think?

Cheers!
Topic: liver transplant
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 4:20:06 AM
I agree its a brutal thing and It wasnt meant to come across as such but there are many people on the waiting list and unfortunatly she made a bad judgement

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.