Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:36:00 PM
srirr wrote:
Blooper wrote:
occurance or
occurence?

Incorrect: Occurance
Correct: Occurence

(Noun) The action, fact, or instance of occurring

Actually, "occurence" is not correct, either. It should be "occurrence" with two r's.

d'oh! Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I was never here. Whistle
Topic: 9999 looked so good
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:38:23 AM
A Jellicle song for a Jellicle JJ!

I knew the 10k moment was coming and didn't want to miss it. "Memories" is one of my favorite songs of all time--what a great way to remind us of all of the good memories we've shared.

So I raise my beer to yours, JJ. Congrats to one cool cat! Applause
Topic: Campaign for Grammargeek
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:00:05 AM
When I decided to leave FreeDELFia I had planned to go without much ado. Then JJ, being the true friend that he is, started this thread and the ado began.

I am humbled by the overwhelming number of messages that have either been posted here or sent to me by PM, not to mention the emails. In reviewing them a few minutes ago, I realized that approximately 80 messages have been generated by 36 different individuals. Not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that two weeks ago. You all have managed to touch my heart with your kind remarks and pleas for me to stay; nevertheless, my decision has not changed.

If I could give you a short explanation for my choice to leave, I would, but the truth is that many factors have played a role. Any attempt at explaining it all would undoubtedly just become a lengthy hodgepodge of my thoughts, feelings, and observations made during my one and a half years of calling this place home.

Instead, I would rather put the focus on the positive things that may have come out of the discussions here and in Epiphileon's thread pleading with Admin to wake up. Despite the frustrations that occur when we feel our deepest concerns and suggestions may be going unheard by Admin, I would like to share with you that Michal Goldman (GoldmanM) took the time to send me a PM on behalf of all of the administrators. The warm and personal nature of that message let me know that my contributions have not gone unnoticed. My voice was heard.
Topic: Homosexuality in nature
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:51:12 PM
IWantToKnow wrote:
grammargeek wrote:

Again, say whatever you feel the need to say, but do it in the right place.

Yes my apologies again Grammargeek, I was not aware that was the situation here, (I guess that's the danger of jumping headlong into new places). So I am the one who has been doing the "religion bashing" and i probably incited a couple of people, I will cease that now, and leave it up to the esteemed founder of the thread where he wants to take it.

Thanks for intervening.

And thank you for your gracious response, IWantToKnow. Worldsclyde started this thread, and I hope it is clear that I'm speaking to him, as well. If you go about seven posts back, you'll see that I made my comment first to him, but you were the only one kind enough to respond.
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:39:05 PM
IWantToKnow wrote:
And I actualy take offence to the- they can say what they want but i can't say what i thnk thing. If it's alright for them to say my brothers and sisters will burn ih hell for being born gay, it's ok for me to say whatever the hell i want about them.

Again, say whatever you feel the need to say, but do it in the right place.
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:35:09 PM
IWantToKnow wrote:
grammargeek wrote:

It would be appreciated if you and the others would take your religion-bashing to the Philosophy & Religion forum. (I guess you could say my request is a repercussion of "bad-mouthing the Pope and church in general.")

apologys grammargeek for my post, but sexualiy debates are often entwined with religious complications.

Thank you, IWantToKnow. I don't disagree with this last comment of yours, but that's exactly why I am requesting that this discussion now be taken to the P&R forum, a more appropriate home for it. It is no longer a discussion of "homosexuality in nature"; thus no longer belongs in the S&T section.

Like many others, I am interested in science, but I am not interested in the kind of religious debates that tend to go on in this forum. We fought long and hard to get the P&R forum created, largely because when religion enters an argument, things can become very heated very quickly. I know I speak for more than just myself when I say that we want to be able to avoid being hit in the face with religion-bashing, and we can do that as long as it is happening in a section designed to handle it.

I'm pretty sure religion has nothing to do with whether or not homosexuality occurs in non-human animals. I realize this thread started off without the issue of religion being thrown into the mix, but now it has been. If you want to discuss the role of religion in societal views of homosexuality in people, then please stop talking about it here in this thread and in this section and start a new topic devoted to that issue--in the P&R section where it belongs.
Topic: ASSOCIATION & COMMOM LETTERS
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:22:18 PM
figured >> calculated
Topic: Association game
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:20:13 PM
Aloha, want a lei?
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:16:53 PM
worldsclyde wrote:
I think that society is changing. The holy roller crowd is loosing ground, slowly. Look at how we can bad mouth the pope and church in general now without repercussion. In my original post article I read that the example of homosexuality in nature was used to overthrow sodomy laws in Texas. I will keep the flame on high until religious thinkers are reduced to a backroom secret cult, or until Jesus returns and has a beer with me, whichever comes first.

It would be appreciated if you and the others would take your religion-bashing to the Philosophy & Religion forum. (I guess you could say my request is a repercussion of "bad-mouthing the Pope and church in general.")

WC, is "loosing" the word you really want? Or did you mean to say "losing"?
Topic: Association game
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:20:14 PM
Hawaiian

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.