Interests: TNTM
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,231
[0.14% of all post / 0.35 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Stylish for Color Modding
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:42:11 AM
Glad this has helped! :) I missed my homepage too much not to try something.

A closed mind is like a closed book - nothing can be gained if either remains closed.
Topic: A note from Admin about the new site design
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2014 9:16:20 AM
Well, I can now move boxes and have them stay. YAY!

I am staying logged in, but my main page Brain Level % doesn't update, though it is updated when I go to the profile. Think

ETA: And now it has updated. Maybe I needed to stay on the profile page longer?

A closed mind is like a closed book - nothing can be gained if either remains closed.
Topic: Stylish for Color Modding
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2014 8:53:42 AM
Okay, for those of you like me who are extremely light-sensitive and already have monitors set with better contrasts and dimness, I've decided to post this openly.

TFD Recolor - Stylish
(I posted this with the Firefox CSS, so if you have trouble making it work for Chrome, lemme know...I don't code and this is really a thrown-together bit of mess that helps changes colors - that's it.)

Stylish is an add-on/extension for Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.

Happy recoloring!

Topic: Good fat burning foods?
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 1:12:40 PM
Really, this depends on YOU and YOUR body. I can eat exactly the same thing as another person and gain while they will lose. I do not respond well to higher/processed carbs (almost a gluten sensitivity), so I get the majority of my carbs from veggies and the few OTC foods I find that have an ingredient list that agrees with my lifestyle.

In general, you want to drink more water and water-based drinks (I allow that because hey, practicality). And the fun and often hard part, smaller meals and more of them.

You want to eat more whole foods, which means you cook more because you avoid the preprocessed and over-processed foods in the store. This means you'll wind up cutting out a lot of staple foods like breads, pastas, and the like, as most are severely over-processed. There are, however, very good versions out there that will work for a number of different food lifestyles. You'll probably wind up with higher protein and fiber in your new menu than your previous menu.

You'll want to read labels and avoid things that list multiple sugars (and -ose words) as the vast majority of those sugars are refined, which takes out the good stuff and leaves nothing but sweet, empty calories. If you want sugar or sweeteners, go natural - the first time you try raw sugar, coconut sugar, and the like, you'll probably never go back to that old white standard. The flavors are incredible and because of that, you use so much less. Sugar is in EVERYTHING and it actually tends to overwhelm our taste buds. Go low-sugar long enough and you'll be amazed how much different everything tastes - much more complex - and how overwhelming most desserts become because ALL you taste is sugar, instead of the flavors of the dessert.

As far as foods that supposedly help burn fat? It's more a matter of insulin resistance and how foods impact that aspect of your body chemistry. Supposedly, things like coffee, avocados, olive oil, pumpkins, peanuts, etc., can help with adiponectin levels (there is research on this - so go read and decide for yourself). Those foods will advise whole grains (that's a barrel of fun to research because oh, marketing can get away with so much), fruits and veggies, and low sat fats (NO trans fats).

Don't be afraid of fat - olive, avocado, many nut oils, and coconut oils are all very good for you, and coconut, once the bane of many a menu, actually has medium-chain fatty acids that are fabulously good for you. Avoid margarine. Soy and soybean oil can be problematic as it's an estrogen-mimic and in EVERYTHING as well (particularly mayo and dressings). Soy by itself isn't bad and edamame is good, but like so much in the grocery store, the way we can find it is over-processed and more bad than good.

Maybe that helped a little?

Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 10:11:28 AM
Okay, this amused me:

Also, had to clear cache again as I was staying logged into the main page, but it wasn't updating totals and it flat out refused to log me into the forum until I did so.

Re: Stylish - it's an add-on that works for Chrome and Firefox and does not interfere with anything to my knowledge. I've used it a long time and never had any problems with malware or viruses of any sort. i04yiu, I'll message you specifics. :)

Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:02:31 PM
nnorlen wrote:
Raparee wrote:
keep moving one box to the center column and even when I go to save the page and update the link, it won't save.

Which browser and version are you using?

Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m (there's a mouthful)

io4yiu, Stylish is an add-on for Chrome and Firefox. I kind of winged a color override in a self-made theme. I'd upload to their site, but when I tried, they said it was global and since I was doing that on my break, I didn't have time to figure out what they meant. I am not a coder, but this was important for me to use the site.

I can send you the CSS via msg if you want to make your own Stylish theme and adjust how you like. It is literally just a color change. I adore Stylish for multiple sites (it made Facebook a million times better). And yes, it is held within your browser and you can turn any theme on/off as you like. It's very user-friendly.

Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:29:27 PM
With help from Stylish, I've managed to darken the background colors, but that can't help with the columns. I keep moving one box to the center column and even when I go to save the page and update the link, it won't save. So I can't update the items I want to read or where they are positioned - it just won't stick. It wouldn't be as annoying as it is except the left column doesn't self-adjust to the size and you lose half the box.

The good news is that I can read it again and I am even staying logged in now, so I can accrue points and read news and do word puzzles/definitions.

Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:00:48 PM
Honestly, I'm extremely light sensitive and adjust all my monitors and contrasts to account for this. Right now, I'm looking into CSS coding for Stylish so I can make this site so I can read it again (I loathe coding). Otherwise, until I can read it, this site is useless to me. And it has been my homepage for YEARS.

I will second or nth all the other issues as having been encountered here, as well.

Topic: Words Within Words game
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:16:05 AM
nnorlen wrote:
Please make sure you are not adding words you have already added. If this happens, the word will simply disappear (it will not be rejected and turn red), and the number will stay the same.

If you come across other legitimate words that are not accepted, please post them.

Definitely not adding words I've already added - I can jump from 57 words to 97 words but if I refresh the page, it goes right back to 57. *shrugs* Maybe it's a browser issue...will test a few ideas.

ETA: Update

So here are the first 57 words...I can add cope/nope/toe/toed as just a test run and it will add them.

Then if I refresh, it goes back to the original 57. I've tried clearing cookies and settings, but as soon as I log in here, it comes up with 57 words and stays there if I refresh.

Topic: Words Within Words game
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:34:36 PM
I love the new game (it's a welcome break from the workday stress that is re-energizing for my brain!), but it's glitching on me pretty badly, though in a slightly amusing way. I'm currently playing "DECEPTION" and it's stuck on 57 words. If I refresh the page, it resets back to 57, no matter how many more words I add. I noticed this with the previous game I played as well and thought maybe a new game would resolve the issue, except it got stuck anyway. It's done this on two separate laptops.

I have also noticed that I will put in words that should be there that it won't accept. Then I tell it to reveal answers and there are many words there that I tried and it wouldn't accept. I did not keep a list at the time.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.