Interests: Many and varied.
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,155
[0.13% of all post / 0.34 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Birthday Party for...
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:19:33 PM
I've never been to a doggy birthday party (and will likely never attend one, even if invited). Seems silly and frivolous to me.

It's like a book elegantly bound, but in a language that you can't read just yet. "I Will Possess Your Heart," Death Cab for Cutie
Topic: Hello, my TFD comrades!
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:18:01 PM
It's been a long time since I last posted in these forums and I come today with a question! Anyone who would like can and should feel free to chime in on this topic. I'm interested to hear many different points of view.

Some Background:

My daughter will be turning four-years-old on October 12th. Her birthday is a Wednesday, so she will be bringing a snack to school (She's in pre-kindergarten.) to share with her friends on that day. Her father and I are also planning on inviting her classmates to come to her first ever "friends party" the weekend after her birthday (The weekend before is Columbus Day weekend.). The only birthday party that she has had, to date, was her first birthday party, which was attended only by family and close family friends.

For this birthday party, we have begun to throw around some ideas and the one that seems the most appealing, since her birthday is in mid-October, is to have her party at an outdoor venue. If the weather is still warm enough, we can have water games, as well as music, bubbles, and possibly a face-painter. If the weather is not warm enough, we can still enjoy being outside in the autumn air and enjoy various outdoor games and activities. We could even still have a face-painter! Another outdoor activity idea that has been thrown out is to take 4 of her friends (since she's turning 4) and her cousins to a pumpkin patch, where each child would have the opportunity to enjoy a hayride and to choose a pumpkin to bring home to carve for Halloween. The reason that we are leaning more toward the idea of a picnic is that 1) pumpkin patches can be expensive, especially when pumpkins are purchased (since you pay by the pound for pumpkins), and 2) many of her friends have siblings who we would also like to invite to participate in the birthday festivities. Also, it is very difficult for a three (or four)-year-old to select just four friends to invite to her birthday party.

The Question:

My question, dear friends, is How much is a reasonable amount to spend on a fourth birthday party?

I am certain that there are definitely aspects of this birthday party that she will remember forever (Both I and my sister still remember, fondly, our fourth birthday parties.), and I want to make sure that her memories are positive ones. The dilemma that I am facing is that I am on a budget, as it is, and while I would like her birthday party to be special, I simply do not have an arm and a leg to spend on a fancy party. What do you think is a reasonable amount to spend, per person, for a birthday party for a child my daughter's age, keeping in mind that there is a fairly large possibility that many of her friends' families (including parents and siblings) will probably attend if we do have a picnic?

Thank you in advance for your help and sage advice!

It's like a book elegantly bound, but in a language that you can't read just yet. "I Will Possess Your Heart," Death Cab for Cutie
Topic: Hello, my TFD forum lovelies!!
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 1:35:48 PM
I've been away for far too long, it seems. I'm not even so sure that you'll all remember who I am, at this point. Boo hoo!

In any event, I just wanted to pop in and say hello and wish everyone a happy summer. Mine will be spent working and taking graduate education classes. I only have 2 more semesters until graduation!! Exciting!!

I hope that you are all doing well and I will try to make a habit of stopping by to check in a little more frequently!!

Topic: Is this the right place for shameless self-promotion?
Posted: Friday, September 17, 2010 4:11:20 PM
I just wanted to thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me that I can come to a community like this and that you'll all back me up. : ) I'm glad to call you all friends.

Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:01:57 PM
Thanks, JJ!!

Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:25:19 PM
Thank you, everyone! I'll make sure that I keep you all updated as I accomplish goals. The plan is to update the blog once a week and/or as things are accomplished and/or whenever I want since it's my blog and that's how I roll.

AnthA1G wrote:
Loved it; I just shared it on Facebook! Good luck with all that and I too hope you finish your list.Applause

And thank you for sharing it!!! I'm trying to build blog traffic. Dancing

Topic: Don't stop to pee
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:49:13 AM
What about small children? My daughter is newly potty trained and I'm terrified to take her anywhere that takes longer than an hour to drive to, for fear that she won't tell me that she has to go and will have an accident.

Oh, bureaucracy...

Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:44:31 AM
A while back, I heard about this thing called the Day Zero Project. After reading about it, and finding out what it is, I decided that it was something that I wanted to do. So, for that reason, beginning on Friday, September 30, 2010, I will begin a list of 102 goals, to be completed within 1001 days.

If you are interested in following my Day Zero journey, you can look up my profile on the Day Zero site here.

You should also read my blog, and follow me on twitter.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

This has been a shameless self-promotion by Risa Is Awesome. Read my blog.

Topic: love GLEE??????
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:38:50 AM
SUPER excited for the new season!

Topic: Been away for a while...
Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:36:15 PM
It feels so awesome to be welcomed back so warmly. : )

I'm sure that I'll be around, Cass. I've missed the community.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.