User Name: Wolfie
Forum Rank: Member
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Grandma's Aspirin and Coke: The Date-Rape Drug?
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:16:11 PM
It might be because she heard there was coke(as in cocaine) residues in coca cola and thought it would be a bad mix :P
Topic: puerile.
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:41:41 PM
I learn alot of new words using this site.

It's a great site for discovering and learning new words, and if you want more info on the word, just look it up on TFD :)
Topic: Enhance immune system and kill bacterias?
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:09:30 AM
Me being a norwegian and all, I will recommend fishliver oil! As it is a healthy supplement for anyone.

And the dosage is easy, you just take one spoonful in the morning, and if you don't like the aftertaste, just down a glass of orangejuice afterwards, which is also healthy :D

However, you should be careful with your intake of vitamin A, as you can exceed the recommended dietary allowance

Also you should read up on this link on cod liver oil for some general information on the substance :P Which is what makes fish so healthy*.

Topic: About Portuguese Forums
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:57:44 AM
Rondnelly wrote:
Hey... I was wondering why there's only the portugal's flag on Portuguese forums... Since portuguese is most spoken in brazil... Think
Why don't you mix Brazilian and Portugal flags into one and change? =D
Ok, that was an useless comment xD

It should by the way be, "that was a useless comment" Angel
Topic: midwife
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 7:47:19 AM
I don't know about the english word, but the norwegian version which is "Jordmor" ("jord" meaning 'earth' and "mor" meaning 'mother'), when addressing a male midwife we just switch "Mor" with "Far".
Where 'Far' means father, making it "Earthfather"
Topic: Prescriptivist or Descriptivist?
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:45:13 AM
I find myself correcting grammatical flaws in my friends writings more so than they would like me to :o This might be connected to the fact that I live in Norway, speaking norwegian. So I would describe myself as a Prescriptivist by nature :)
Topic: Pet Peeves
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:20:30 PM
MichalG wrote:
It drives me crazy when people use the wrong their/there/they're!
Their=belonging to them
There=in that location
They're=contraction of "they are"

Those mentioned above annoys me to little bits and pieces >,<
Topic: Best books for building vocabulary?
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 1:48:39 PM
I would like to recommend a few titles, such as "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett(and the sequel, to which I can't remember the name at the moment), where I found a lot of words concerning monks and monasteries, chapels and cathedrals and other words with relation to the house of God.
And perhaps most of all, words of masonry and architecture, for those who are interested in such of course :)
Topic: Suggesting an online etymology dictionary, and asking your opinion about Webster's...
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:23:13 PM
This looks like an awesome site, which I believe will be used by myself alot now that I've become aware of it's existence =)
Topic: Hvem der?
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:35:13 AM
Hei, Jeg tenkte bare jeg skulle starte en tråd for å få et overblikk over hvor mange nordmenn som bruker thefreedictionary.com, og eventuellt promotere siden litt ;)

Det er jo en super side for folk som har lyst å finne ut av hva et ord betyr, eller for å utvide ordforrådet sitt med noen raske synonymer =)

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.