Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:19:19 PM
bytes

I remember, therefore I am.
Topic: Mathew tells about Jesus
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 6:45:00 AM
whatson wrote:
The real Matthew, when writing in English, was
consistent in capitalizing proper names. and never tried
to save printer's black by substituting "i" for "I".

Or 'W' with 'w'. Eh, Whatson?

Topic: FYI - Climategate - How Attitudes Have Changed in the Ten Years Since
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 11:47:02 AM
Hope123 wrote:
Jacobus, as an ex educator, my zeal to exclaim the virtues of the young does not mean that I am saying the old are not caring and some of them wise. It is not an either/or situation. It is the climate denialists who have drawn the battle lines, not me, when they switched to attacking the young because they see they are being effective and getting attention.

Being effective and getting attention is exactly what Mr Trump did and many would say there was a certain amount of dishonesty employed in his campaign tactics. Are we to believe that the young campaigners referred to here were all squeaky clean? I am sure they were guilty of exaggeration, bluff and barefaced lies when they thought it would be effective and they could get away with it. Yes, it would be a minority who would indulge in lying or exaggeration, but campaigns are partnerships and all partners have to share in the responsibility for what is wrong as well as for what is right. It is what is wrong that the climate denialists are exposing (quite unfairly, but fairness went out the window years ago) and not the young just because they are young and successful.

But the fact that can't be changed is that the young will, barring accidents and illness, live longer than those of us with more yesterdays than tomorrows, therefore their future will be more impacted, and so deserve understanding. Empathy also as young human beings. And I often feel that we don't give the young enough credit just because they are young. Often the few who do inappropriate things are given the limelight when the silent majority go on to lead lives of value, have empathy, and do good deeds even as youngsters. I wish you didn't have such a cynical view of the young and hope it is because of the media blowing up bad sensational news and ignoring all the good that goes on in life - they always do that and not just with the young.

I don't have a cynical view of the young, but I probably do have a cynical view of some young people. I have worked with young people for many years and am well aware of the difference between those who are well-informed, highly motivated individuals and those who are unprincipled slackers. This is down to personal experience and nothing to do with the media who are, in any case, part of the problem.

Just because the cause that is dear to them happens to be a political football, is no reason for people with an agenda to target them now. In fact it is outrageous that any young person is vilified and bullied for ANY reason so that some of them even commit suicide. In fact it makes me angry that they can't have their say in peace. The young are more vulnerable as they grow and form their opinions and should be protected from zealots.

Hope, the young do terrible things to themselves due to peer pressure and not because of the media or big business. I have known of quite a number of young people who have self-harmed or killed themselves - or just went of the rails - because of bullying by schoolmates.

Topic: change one letter game
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 6:46:24 AM
I leave it to item four in my report.

Topic: What is Audrey Hepburn saying in this interview?
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 6:42:17 AM
my guess is "...its something very humbling..."

Topic: Association with no common consonants
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:46:14 AM
repeat

Topic: change one letter game
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:44:18 AM
defo, srirr, defo.

Topic: FIRST AND LAST LETTERS COMES IN UPCOMING WORDS
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:42:45 AM
millrun

Topic: FIRST AND LAST LETTERS COMES IN UPCOMING WORDS
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:58:55 AM
unbending

Topic: Association from the last letter
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:56:44 AM
antiquity

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.