Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 58
[0.01% of all post / 0.31 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Grammar / wish sentences
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:08:18 PM
Hi
According to your explanation one of the answer is the option 'd',but why the 'pp' was omttied from the end of 'could have' in option 'd'? Does it have any rules?
Topic: Grammar / wish sentences
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2019 12:49:27 PM
Hi,my dear friends,
Is there any structure like this : 'wish+could?' For example, in the following test is the option "d" correct?
Regarding my own choice is 'c'.🤔

We couldn't efford to rent that apartment, but I wish we ......... .
a.could b.did c.had done d.could have

Topic: Meaning
Posted: Sunday, September 1, 2019 1:50:35 PM
Hi again my dear friends,
I'm wondering why the writer has used the pronoun 'he' in the following passage, I mean "He seemed to know ...."
What is the reference of the pronoun 'he'?

My mother also says that I was good-looking even in later years. She adds, rather unkindly: 'He seemed to know that, too. Uncalled-for modesty was never a fault of his.'
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2019 11:01:10 AM
Hi again my dear friends,

What is the meaning of "Go Grandpa" in following sentence?

Wow!Go Grandpa!It's great.👇

https://alinateghi.smugmug.com/Ali/n-tHBzN5/i-bnSh4nB
Topic: Grammar
Posted: Friday, August 23, 2019 7:29:05 AM
Is it lexically correct too? For example, is it correct to put the adjective "complicated" before "information" in the first sentence? I mean in consideration of the existence of the adjective "confusing", complicated is a redundancy,isn't it?
Topic: Grammar
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 5:07:23 PM
Hi,

Is this sentence grammatically correct?

The complicated information was so confusing that we decided to analyze it to make it clear.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:49:30 AM
Thanks for your explanation, I got it.
ممنون(Mamnon)👉 A word for thanking in Persian.
Posted: Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:35:32 AM
Hi my dear friends,
Could you please tell me if the expression "made days earlier to" is an idiom or something else?
What's the meaning of the clause between commas?
Is it correct to say that "made (it) days earlier to" is synonym with "gave (it) days earlier to"?

She remained serene when she learned her appeal for clemency, made days earlier to the president of the republic, had been denied.
Topic: Grammar - the article the
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:27:35 PM
And these:

Tomorrow, we'll come here just before sunset.

AFTERGLOW, a broad high arch of whitish or rosy light appearing occasionally in the sky above the highest clouds in the hour of deepening twilight, or reflected from the high snowfields in mountain regions long after sunset.

yds., is provided with an electric bell communicating with the warder in the tower, heated by hot-air pipes, and lighted by day through a window on the outer wall of the rotunda, and from sunset till ten o'clock by electric light.

Nolde states that on the 1st of February 1893 in the desert north of Hail the thermometer fell from 78° a little before sunset to 18° a quarter of an hour after.
Topic: Grammar - the article the
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:21:00 PM
Hi,

What about these sentences from your dictionary? 👇

I was talking about the sunset.

He looked around and found a familiar dirt trail that led to a large rock overlooking the desert he'd sat on earlier to watch the sunset.

When he came to see the stars or watch the sunset, she didn't cry.

With the sunset came a chilled breeze.

She sat on the bed and watched the sunset through the window.

Taran watched him and rubbed the back of his neck, squinting at the lightened sky near the sunset.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.