[0.00% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Chinese phrase
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:03:51 AM
aarari wrote:
Hello, what does this mean?

庸人自扰
我是庸人自扰

A girl I'm talking to calls herself this and has sent me the second one as her initial message. Within what context do Chinese people usually use this phrase?

"我是庸人自扰" literally translates into English as "I am like a fool getting himself/herself concerned/worried for no concrete reason."

I can't see clearly what this really means here, unless you won't mind sharing with us more background information... Think
Topic: Chinese Product Safety Data?
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:52:53 AM
This report is in Japanese. With my limited literacy with Japanese characters, it seems to me that the report says the product is safe...
Topic: Can Someone Please Help Us Translate This Banner?
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 5:46:22 AM
salix wrote:
Hi,

We received this lovely banner as a present from a former employee. Unfortunately, we do not speak Chinese and are unable to translate it. Can anyone please help?

https://imgur.com/a/iVLMBRG

Thank you! Angel

From right to left, the 4 characters are 天道酬勤, each of them literally / individually meaning: God/heaven, Way/Pattern, Reward, Diligence/Hard working.

Of course we usually don't interpret these sorts of phrase by individual characters and instead shall appreciate them combined. This is a Chinese saying which can be basically translated as "It's the divine codex to reward the hard-working".

This good-wish banner conveys two layers of connotations: 1) the receiver of it is perceived to be hard-working; 2) the hard-working people are going to enjoy the well deserved success.

So, enjoy it. :)

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.