Profile: HedgeWizard
About
User Name: HedgeWizard
Forum Rank: Newbie
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: What does "mimi" mean in Chinese??
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:14:24 AM
Since Chinese is a tonal language, it is highly recommended to include tone marks or numbers while writing pinyin. In Simplified Chinese, the five tones for “i” are: ī/i1, í/i2, ǐ/i3, ì/i4, i/i5.
mīmi(咪咪) means tities or a cat onomatopoeia
mímí(迷迷) means seductive, lustful, or hypnotized
mīmī(眯眯) means squinted, sometimes interchangeable with 迷迷
mìmì(秘密) means a secret
mǐmǐ(靡靡) means titillating or decadent
mìmì(密密) means overcrowded or contiguous

You probably have noticed more than a half of the interpretations of mimi are derogatory. Little surprise if someone gets offended when you use mimi for tits. In fact, it is commenly considered vulgar and sexist, so never use this meaning on formal occasions.
Topic: Can someone help translate this note from PingYao?
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:40:07 AM
Guo You:
The gift you have sold is Bon Voyage and Safe Travel.
Zhong Guo You (Literally meaning: A friend from China. Possibly a property name.)

I know this may sound a bit weird, but it is literally what it says. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be some dialect or jargon.
Topic: Can you please help me translate this?
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:18:21 AM
随它去。 = Let it go. or Drop it.
Topic: Can Someone Please Help Us Translate This Banner?
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 4:52:45 AM
Chinese calligraphic works and plaques are usually written from right to left and the style of the characters can be unintelligible. The largest four characters mean "God rewards diligence". To the left are the date of the writing, the writer's signature and his/her seals. As a gift, it is an expression of best wishes. In this case this person thinks you are hardworking people and wishes you to be blessed and rewarded.
Topic: Chinese Product Safety Data?
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:40:17 AM
The language in this photo is Japanese and it says "milligrams of cadmium and lead per cubic centimete are below their respective toxicity levels".

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.