Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 303
[0.03% of all post / 1.13 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Frankenpigs?
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:54:45 AM

Pestworld wrote:

A cockroach can live for a week without its head. Due to their open circulatory system, and the fact that they breathe through little holes in each of their body segments, they are not dependent on the mouth or head to breathe. The roach only dies because without a mouth, it can't drink water and dies of thirst.

just sayin'
Topic: usage of He, She, It
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:17:09 AM

A rooster is not necessary for chickens to lay eggs…its part of the ovulation process

just sayin'
Topic: usage of He, She, It
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:41:18 AM
Quote:

Also domestic animals are it, if you have a thousands' cattle or thousand chicken in a broiler farm. If you have only few for milking or laying eggs, you call every one of them by given names; then you propably call them he or she.

Where I live only the 'female chickens' lay eggs. Never tried to milk a 'male cow' yet.

just sayin'
Topic: Email
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:32:27 AM

Not a native speaker...here is a suggestion:

Did you run the files that Mac and I gave you last week? If yes, please share the evaluation report with us since we haven't as yet received any data from your end...

just sayin'
Topic: cut class / skip class
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 6:16:30 AM

In Australia I've heard school kids say that they 'wag school'.

just sayin'
Topic: Trial
Posted: Sunday, April 7, 2019 1:56:15 PM

My grandfather also talks about the good old days. He reckons that the nights were even better.

Given time, the present days will one day be the good old days.

just sayin'
Topic: I had/ate two hamburgers for lunch.
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 10:56:23 AM

On my first visit to England with my parents, I remember the hotel/restaurant staff always saying 'et' when I was expecting 'ate' as the past tense of 'eat'. I can't remember where that was, but it must have been somewhere up north.

just sayin'
Topic: Tantamount
Posted: Saturday, April 6, 2019 5:00:44 AM
Quote:

...Through it in the garbage. Look in this one:...

English spelling can sometimes be weird.

Maybe you mean:

Throw it in the garbage.

just sayin'
Topic: Is this completely illogical?
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 12:43:30 PM

The biggest difference between the brand-name drugs and the generic (drugs) is price.

Is that a noun?

just sayin'
Topic: scat or gesundheit
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 10:34:13 AM
Quote:

..."Gesundheit" was a bit 'affected' really - why show off that you understand German?).

I'm not a fan of Brexit, but if the British think this way, then they don't belong in the EU.

Where I live the natives can't even complete a single sentence in their own language without inserting a bunch of English words. That's the other extreme.

just sayin'

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.