Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Chinese Product Safety Data?
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:22:40 PM
HedgeWizard wrote:
The language in this photo is Japanese and it says "milligrams of cadmium and lead per cubic centimete are below their respective toxicity levels".

grassplate wrote:
This report is in Japanese. With my limited literacy with Japanese characters, it seems to me that the report says the product is safe...

Thank you both very much! That is a relief about the cadmium and lead. I didn't realize it was Japanese, since the company is Chinese. Do you notice, does it say anywhere if it was made in Japan?

I tried Google translate with not much success.
Topic: Chinese Product Safety Data?
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2018 1:18:42 AM
Dear Forum Members,

I am wondering if someone would be so kind as to help me with a product report I have been given by a merchant in China. I bought a fairly expensive teapot from the seller that was supposed to be cast iron (I ordered it on Amazon). When I received it it had a strong, toxic chemical smell like turpentine or petroleum chemicals. There is no way a sane person would use this to boil water for drinking.

When I contacted the seller, they told me the pot had a coating on the inside of the pot to prevent rust, but they have not been able to tell me what the coating is. To me it looks like black paint. I am genuinely concerned that this product is not safe and will harm consumers, so I asked the seller if they could send me a lab report or a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for whatever they had used on the pot. They sent me this file, saying it would "verify the safety of the product." Unfortunately, I don't speak any Chinese languages and have no idea what it says.

I am obviously not going to use the pot, but I also do not want to file a report against the seller or leave a review saying the product is poison if it isn't. Maybe the seller is legitimate and there is nothing harmful involved. In that case I would not want to ruin their business. However, if the product is in fact dangerous, I don't want to simply do nothing.

It would be very helpful if someone could tell me what this report says. I don't need to know every word obviously, but if someone could tell me if it mentions safety or what substances are used in the pot, that would be great. If the seller is telling the truth, it will say something about a paint or coating being food safe and tell what substances are used in that coating. That is all I need to know.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.