Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,430
[0.15% of all post / 2.16 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Our Extremely Royall Highnesses - Official Statement,
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:12:48 AM
Drag0nspeaker wrote:

Black!? What? She's whiter than I am!

You miss the point, Drag0. One of her parents is completely black, which means Meghan has 'black blood' Aaarrrrggghhh!

What is worse, one of her parents is white, which means that Meghan is, horror of horrors, mixed blood. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Now that we have established this, we of the caring press can blame all the 101 faults we invent in her on this extremely dubious background. Harry is 100% white (solid chap!) which means that all the problems in the marriage/royal family are Meghan's fault.

If we don't say this explicitly, we can at least imply it, and that is just as effective.
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 7:16:49 AM
Hope123 wrote:

Bob would know more (I think he's an expat?) as I don't really follow the royal family.

I haven't lived in the UK for 20 years, but I spend a fair bit of time there with family and friends, and read British newspapers every day.

I am appalled by the barely disguised racism of a not insignificant minority of the British people I encounter both in general and towards Meghan in particular. Some parts of the British media are happy to play up to this, constantly drawing attention to her 'exotic DNA', and making it clear that she is 'different'.

As my first post in this thread shows, I think that Harry and Meghan have behaved hypocritically in their attempt to retain the benefits and drop the responsibilities of being 'royal', but I would completely understand their decision to withdraw from public life if it were wholehearted. They, and particularly Meghan, have been treated disgustingly.

Had Meghan been white (i.e. not of mixed race) and British (i.e., not American) with a respectable background (i.e., not an actor), the couple would have had a far easier ride with both press and public.

Posted: Friday, January 10, 2020 3:00:46 AM
Hope123 wrote:
Good for you, Duke and Duchess, for being your own persons.

Had they decided to withdraw from public life, attempt to find jobs, and live, as far as possible, as ordinary people, I would have been very much in favour. Indeed, when I first heard that they were stepping back, my immediate reaction was 'Good for you'. The children of Princess Anne and Princess Margaret have done their best to live 'normal' lives, and I thought Harry and Meghan were going to do the same.

Of course, they (the children of Anne and Margaret) have benefited enormously from the wealth and position of their parents, but they cannot be blamed for who and what their parents are/were.

A visit to https://sussexroyal.com/, THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE DUKE & DUCHESS OF SUSSEX soon had me heaving. Have you seen it? It oozes royalty and Royal Highnesses. For them 'being your own persons' appears to mean retaining all the immense privileges that go with being royal, and accepting none of the duties or responsibilities. They seem determined to have their cake and eat it.
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2020 2:22:45 PM
To our beloved and adoring fans and followers.

Her Exceedingly Royal Highness, the Duchess of Sussex and We, The even more Excessively Royal Highness the Duke of Sussex have become Royally pissed off with playing second fiddle to Our Royal brother, who, by the sheer chance of being born two years before Us (The Phenomenally Royal Duke of Sussex), will end up as King and We won't.

Be it known therefore, that We (their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have resolved to give up all the responsibilities, duties and arduous bit of being Senior Royals, and concentrate instead on making a (Royal) mint for ourselves.

Fear not! We shall, of course, retain our Royal titles, residences, and all the Royal dosh that has come Our way over the last 35 years but, Our beloved and adoring fans and followers will be delighted to know, We confidently expect to rake in some £200 million a year by giving you the opportunity to pay Royally inflated prices for the hundreds of tasteless items we shall be stamping with our Royal monogram. We shall constantly remind you that no longer being a senior Royal does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that we are no longer Royal. We have always been, and will ever remain, Royally Royal, devoted to serving Her Majesty. the institution of the Monarchy and the Commonwealth in any way possible that benefits Ourselves.

For more information about Our Royal Highnesses, vist our website at https://sussexroyal.com/

Topic: HATRED
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 10:34:44 AM
FounDit wrote:

A couple of points: the House of Representatives has produced NO evidence of any high crimes or misdemeanors, the basis of impeachment. [color]

That's your opinion. The opinion of a majority of the House of Representatives is that they have sufficient evidence to justify impeachment.

Quote:
impeachment is simply making a charge, or accusation.

Fine.

Quote:

The only "crime" the President has committed is running for, and being elected to, the office of the Presidency. The Democrats have stated as much since they committed themselves to impeachment from the very beginning of his election. This has always been about overturning the 2016 election, and removing the President from office - basically, a coup.

NO. Original Democrat efforts to restrict Trump's willingness to do as he pleased were based around a bill that would require the president of the United States to divest any assets that could raise a conflict of interest.
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 4:10:41 AM
Trump has an appalling record in the way he talks about women, and has made embarrassingly inappropriate remarks about his own daughter.

However, nothing I have found, including in your links suggest that he wants to have sex with her or (one possible interpretation of your sentence) actually does have sex with her.
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:12:08 PM
Oscar D. Grouch wrote:
Do you also want to have sex with your daughter like little donny does with Ivanka?

Have you the slightest shred of evidence for that appalling claim?
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2019 3:57:15 AM
FounDit wrote:

Irrelevant. Our system does not operate on majority rule. It is a combination of population vote and state votes. It worked exactly as it was designed to work.

Fine, but it is a fact that the majority of voters voted against Trump. That the system meant that he became President does not change that.
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:20:57 PM
Buzzito wrote:
Don't mistake this, that you speak for a majority of those here in the USA.

Well, in the 2016 election, a minority of the population voted for Trump, and his Democrat rival received nearly three million votes more than Trump.

Two years into Trump's presidency, his party lost control of the House of Representatives, and also lost seven state governorships. Recent polls show Trump's approval rating is about 43%, his disapproval rating at about 52%.

So, it seems pretty clear that the majority of Americans are not in favour of Trump or his policies.
Topic: Recipe for Preserving Children
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:38:18 PM
hedy mmm wrote:
[b]
As far as the assumption that my thread was a “deliberate and a very familiar way to get a person’s interest....blah, blah, blah” ...

That was a reference to '11 o'clock lady', not to your thread.