Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Who gave us words?
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:00:01 AM
Well, it was mainly William Shakesphere who gave us most of our everyday words, but he mostly gave words for precocious minds, like elaborately, well, it is simple, but when words like that entered the dictionary, most people thought that only precocious minded people and children could only use that word. Think of the most complicated word that you know, then think of a word you don't know. That is what people back then thought. The early man started to invent words, then the Middle ages gave us exotic words, like exotic! Words originated back millions of years ago, and their still at it! They put another word in the dictionary every 2 hours! WOW! Who needs all them words? To be honest, I don't seriously think that that occurs, but I do think, that a couple of words are added to the dictionary every month. I think my term is a lot simpler!
Topic: Why should you use parenthesis?
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:50:48 AM
We use parenthesis because we want to give more explanation to sentences, like, my mom bakes excellent cookies (especially with chocolate chipes)!
With another explanation, if you are finishing a sentence with parenthesis, you always put a full stop outside the parenthesis. You can put any form of punctuation you like inside the
parenthesis, but finish the sentence with them outside. Here is another example:

I love playing soccer with my friend, Casey (who lives next door), she is awesome!

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.