User Name: Xxx Xxx 1
Forum Rank: Newbie
Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Is this a fallacy, if so, which one?
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:12:07 AM

It sounds like hypocrisy to me, but as I am new to this, I am not sure it is. Could it be a 'tu quoque'?
Topic: Is Jesus really exist in history?
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:06:36 AM
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Quite many scholars of antiquity and Jewish and Roman history agree that Jesus of Nazareth really existed. Whether he was Messias and Son of God, is another thing.

Agreed.

So what evidence can those "Quite many scholars of antiquity and Jewish and Roman history" provide us with, to show Trichakra what they based their conclusions on?
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:03:57 AM
desca wrote:
I recommend you to read on the history of the Roman Empire, unless you don't believe that the empire ever existed.

It's almost as similar as inquiring whether Moses ever existed in pharaoh's time while the pyramid is still standing sturdy until now.

How do the pyramids prove that Moses existed exactly? I don't understand that logic, I must be missing some information that is obvious to you.
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:54:59 AM
desca wrote:
I recommend you to read on the history of the Roman Empire, unless you don't believe that the empire ever existed.

It's almost as similar as inquiring whether Moses ever existed in pharaoh's time while the pyramid is still standing sturdy until now.

The North Pole exists..... so Santa exists, right?
Topic: Is this a fallacy, if so, which one?
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:44:40 AM
Hi,

I am quite new at all this and would like your advice on something please...

If someone says: "I am going to do/increase 'xxxxxx', but YOU should not do/decrease 'xxxxxx'. Is the person saying (the 'I' person) creating a fallacy, and if so, which one?

If someone could try to explain this to me clearly (at middle school grade level please), that would be great.

Thank you,

Xav

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.