Interests:
Home Page
Statistics
Number of Posts: 67
[0.01% of all post / 0.22 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: Half and halves
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:16:07 PM
Grammar aside, I bow to your thoughts, Joshwin. Bless you.

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
Topic: Having lost
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:27:57 PM
Audi wrote;

Jigneshbharati wrote:
"Delhi were struggling having lost a few wickets, he was involved in a couple of runouts and to come out and play like that for a young player was remarkable," he hailed.
Pant is the future, says Ganguly
Is "having lost a few wickets" a participial phrase acting as an adverb as it answers the "why question"?

Yes, that is one way of looking at it. It states why, or in what way, Delhi were struggling.

Alternatively, it could be regarded as a participial phrase acting as an adjective describing the state that Delhi were in. It would then be equivalent to "Delhi, having lost a few wickets, were struggling".

I think either analysis is justifiable.

Audiendus
Should there be 'after' before ' having lost a few wickets', in the above sentence?

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
Topic: Automation, Bane or Boon? (50)
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:15:22 PM
Automation; Boon; anywhere anytime

https://youtu.be/_scelZgVfu8

Automation: bane

Topic: For vs of
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 10:09:34 AM
I will write this sentence as follows;

Please check grammar of my final CPD version.

Topic: little
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2018 10:03:34 AM
1) It is possible to increase the area of farmland, but only a little.

2) It is possible to increase the area of farmland, but only a little. IMO

Topic: under no amount of pressure
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2018 9:59:39 AM
Why not write ;

He gave in voluntarily or of his own free will.

Topic: is vs will be
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2018 8:18:07 AM
Najib is on his guard. Unusually, polling is on a weekday. This will discourage many workers in the cities from traveling far off to the countryside where they are registered to vote/for voting. High voter turnout is generally associated with discontent; when the BN lost the popular vote to the opposition in 2013, the turnout hit a record high of 84.8 while the average turnout for the Malaysian general elections since 1964 is 74.8%. IMO

Topic: Clinic and Surgery
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 12:06:07 PM
There is an idiom :

To call a spade, a spade.

Do you know of it?

Topic: Am i tired or feel i tired
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 12:02:42 PM
Hello BOB,
What are the other standard patterns of English? Please list.

Topic: Reform of the Calendar
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 11:59:34 AM
It is not a simple mathematical equations.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.