Statistics
Number of Posts: 129
[0.01% of all post / 0.30 posts per day]
  Last 10 Posts
Topic: ...until an investigation is undertaken...Thanks to all of you
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 11:29:25 AM
FounDit wrote;
Slight addition

Reading it literally might bring you to that conclusion, but I suspect the investigation is for the purpose of determining how often this may have happened. I think the pilot will probably not be permitted to pilot until the investigation is concluded and he is held not guilty. IMO

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
Topic: me or I
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 12:57:46 PM
thar writes ;

Usage beats grammar rules.

I fully agree. That's the first rule.

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
Topic: Which is the correct sentence?
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 12:52:24 PM
I will write as folows;

1.It is the ABC religion that claims it is the only true religion.

Topic: what is the meaning of this sentence?
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 12:47:50 PM
That's assuming the teacher was a rapist, he may have been an adulterer or just having a consensual adult relationship with another person who had a jealous stalker that decided to kill the teacher. The death may have been symbolic of something else, in crime stories some serial killers have strange rituals for various reasons.

That's assuming the teacher was a rapist, he may have been an adulterer or just having a consensual adult relationship with another person who had a jealous stalker that decided to kill the teacher.

The death may have been symbolic of something else. In crime stories some serial killers have strange rituals for various reasons.IMO

Topic: Is 'otherwise' redundant?
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:01:06 PM
Drago Sir, is 'thin man' not enough instead of 'thin-looking man'? Your opinion please.

Topic: what does "a turpentined cat" mean?
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:34:23 AM
Ok. Thanks FounDit.

Topic: what does "a turpentined cat" mean?
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:41:04 AM
Please tell me what is the result of discussion?
What a turpentined cat is?
Anybody? In simple English.

Topic: Draw a card
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 11:31:34 AM
As per my understanding there is hardly any difference.

TFD

15. Games
a. To take (cards) from a dealer or central stack.
b. To force (a card) to be played.

Topic: an output seconf
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 9:53:49 AM
thar sir, Can we write it as follows;

By the time he died he had written more than eight hundred papers and seven books, a record, second only to Euler's.

Topic: Grammar jokes
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:30:02 PM

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2018 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.